Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

Volvo V40 1.8i 2003, petrol, manula, 123K - £1050

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2014, 01:40 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo V40 1.8i 2003, petrol, manula, 123K - £1050

Volvo V40 1.8i Petrol 5 speed manual
Registered 2003 (03 Reg)
Mileage: 123K
Colour: Black

For sale is my trusty Volvo V40. I am the third owner of this vehicle, I purchased it in 2012 with 99K on the odometer and have done 24K trouble free miles in her.

I am selling her due to the fact that I need a bigger estate vehicle to fit my trade displays in as my business has grown such that the V40 is just not quite big enough any longer.

Anyone who knows me knows I look after all my cars no matter what their age and mileage and the V40 has been no exception.

The car boasts a full service history with Volvo main dealer services up to 96K and then the two further services being carried out at a respected local independent garage called Colin Brennan Motor Services (Rossendale) with the last service being done in August 2014 at 122.5K miles so she will not need another for 12K/12 months.

When I purchased the car it had a number of small faults all of which are common to V40s and all of which I have rectified. These were as follows:

1) The boot would not stay open due to the hydraulic struts having worn, I replaced both boot struts.
2) The rear wiper did not wipe the top half of the window properly (a very common V40 problem), I purchased and fitted a new wiper arm with a modified spring assembly.
3) The climate control fan speed was erratic in positions 1 - 3 and full on in positions 4 - 6 (another very common V40 problem). I purchased and fitted a new resistor pack and a reconditioned climate control module.
4) The handbrake calipers bend over time due to their exposure to the elements and the constant strain of being pulled by the handbrake cable, new ones were purchased and fitted.

Additionally the car has had new front brake discs and new pads all round 12K miles ago.

When I purchased the car it had a slight vibration at between 50 and 70 mph through the steering which I assumed was wheel balancing related, but it turned out one of the front wheels was buckled on the inside. A new wheel was no longer available and secondhand ones seemed to be hit and miss so I bought a new set of alloy wheels for the car from TSW.

12 months ago all four tyres were replaced with Vredesteins, I would say the fronts are about 25% worn, the rear less so there is years of life left in them.

The car's MOT expires later this month, but it will be supplied with 12 months MOT.

The tax expires at the end of October.

In terms of equipment the car has the following:

Power steering, four electric windows, electric heated mirrors, climate control, factory fitted security, front, side and seat airbags, remote entry fobs, factory fitted radio/CD sound system (coded), load cover.

In terms of condition I would describe the car overall as very good condition. The interior is excellent. The exterior bodywork has no rust at all, but does have a couple of parking dings and marks as would any car with 123K on the clock.

Please note this model (the 1.8i) is fitted with the Volvo 1.8 engine, not the sometimes troublesome Mitsubishi derived unit of other S40/V40 variants.

All books present and correct including fully stamped service book and both keys/remote entry fobs all working perfectly.

If you want a reliable workhorse that is nice to drive and won't break the bank.... this is it!

Any inspection welcome! I will take offers near the asking price, but I have priced the car very reasonably for its condition, history, MOT etc.

PRICE: £1050 ono

PM me or leave a message here please.

Last edited by f1_fan; 19 September 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 19 September 2014, 09:51 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOW SOLD!