Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Updated BMW used car website...what a load of crap!

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2014, 07:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Updated BMW used car website...what a load of crap!

Seems BMW have updated their online search for used cars.

Simply put its ****

For example, try finding a 335i with adaptive suspension quickly. Its impossible.

Can't select individual engines, can't select important individual options....you could on the old site.

Seriously, the IT guys who made this obviously had no clue about how petrolheads search for cars!! Do they even drive?

I had a chat with the dealers as I'm probing for another car (again) and it seems they also messed up porting across the stock and vehicle information so they had to re-upload all the details of their cars onto it!

But on the bright side...you can't find the particular car I'm looking at, so touch wood nobody will buy it before I have a chance to see it.

Last edited by ALi-B; 05 February 2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05 February 2014, 07:15 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of them are on AT anyway!
Old 05 February 2014, 11:23 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The problem with AT, like the new BMW site is you can't search for specific options and engines. So I have to sift through a load of cars with the wrong spec.

For example, its fine if I want a engine bigger than 2.0 and not choosy. But if I want a 335 I don't want a load of 330s showing in the results....as I want to only see 335 (both are 3.0 engines ).

Then there are the all important options: Adaptive M suspension, lumbar support, Harmon Kardon Hifi, front and rear parking sensors. etc. This list goes on.

The old advance search allowed me to refine it to show cars only of the exact spec I want.
Old 06 February 2014, 09:20 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Didn't think it was that great when looking for my 535d, so if they've made it worse that's not so good. The mobile app was dire, gave up on that after a few minutes.

You'd think big companies like car manufacturers would have big budgets for slick & fully featured web sites but perhaps not. As an aside my purchasing experience wasn't that great full stop. Seems like the dealers aren't that interested in the used car side of the dealership and would rather be selling new cars.
Old 06 February 2014, 09:40 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Ali - I assume you're looking at the F30 then not the E90?
I didn't go HK in ours (went for Advanced); I listened to HK and the low volume sound is pretty average. It's good at high volumes but the Advanced was definitely better lower down plus I don't like HK as a brand - they made my cheap and fairly nasty PC speakers.
And Adaptive - I think its needed on the F30 by all accounts but in our model, you end up leaving it on one mode - sport is too firm, comfort is too soft. Standard suspension is right on the middle and ideal. Oh and check for Adaptive issues - on the M135i, many are getting a knocking issue that BMW won't acknowledge.

Parking sensors are essential but surely standard? They aren't on ours (we specced them) but fairly sure they are on the 3 and 4 series (and they were on our 335d).

Lumbar support appears to be standard with Sports seats (we have them); it's quite a nifty feature.

Edit - just had a look and it seems you can specify those things; but none come up!

Last edited by Matteeboy; 06 February 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06 February 2014, 09:55 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

The HK system in my car gives a reasonably good sound but I am shocked by how low quality all the leads are. They are wafer then bell wire cables that lead to all sorts of issues. My iPod connection and 6 cd changer all stopped working due to flimsy connections and ultra thin wire. If they are going to charge many £100s extra then you at least expect them to all be hooked up properly.