Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Ford st220 Denso radio problems, anybody help?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2013, 12:48 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford st220 Denso radio problems, anybody help?

Hi all

I'm having a few difficulties in trying to sort a friends radio in a 2005 mondeo st220.

Basically it won't let me enter a code in to the radio, it did the first time but the code supped was wrong so the radio locked us out for 30 mins, we then want to ford and purchased the correct code, but now it won't accept any codes and you can enter any 4 digit code as often as you like and it won't reset?

I have signed up to a ford forum looking for any answers as I have googled many search terms for it and have only found 1 issue the same and it never got resolved.

Here is a copy to the link if any interest to you
http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/topic/33950-have-i-blocked-my-denso-touch-screen/?p=330777#entry330777

Any help appreciated as he is stating to loose his temper now he just wants his radio back

Cheers all

Craig
Old 07 May 2013, 01:11 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Craig

Usually code is in the owners handbook wallet or somewhere there is written,just double check

Jura
Old 07 May 2013, 01:55 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I've had a few cases where the supplied code in Mondeos doesn't match the one on the radio. I think its when they have the radio upgraded or swapped at a dealership before the car is sold and nobody bothered to update the paperwork.

If its a M-series radio (basically there is a M at the start of the serial number ) then I can get the unlock code from the serial number. But I'm away tomorrow onwards so I can only do it today.

Or you can just download the software for free..I'd give you the link but I can't find it

Serial number is on the radio, so you have to remove it. You need a special tool to get the radio out, and for gods sake make sure its the right tool, use the wrong one and it'll get stuck or worse damage the catches on the radio and then its stuck in the dash!

Last edited by ALi-B; 07 May 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07 May 2013, 02:05 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I've had a few cases where the supplied code in Mondeos doesn't match the one on the radio. I think its when they have the radio upgraded or swapped at a dealership before the car is sold and nobody bothered to update the paperwork.

If its a M-series radio (basically there is a M at the start of the serial number ) then I can get the unlock code from the serial number. But I'm away tomorrow onwards so I can only do it today.

Or you can just download the software for free..I'd give you the link but I can't find it

Serial number is on the radio, so you have to remove it. You need a special tool to get the radio out, and for gods sake make sure its the right tool, use the wrong one and it'll get stuck or worse damage the catches on the radio and then its stuck in the dash!

Probably you are mean this

http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/fordm.html

Agreed on this special tool,happens to my friend when he tried to remove radio and now radio doesn't line up with console

Jura
Old 07 May 2013, 02:13 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Yeah thats one of them

I've got a Snap-On multi purpose remover which is like a swiss army knife. With Ford radios its so easy to accidentally use the VW style tool instead of the Ford one...Once it clicks in, it won't come out.
Old 25 January 2015, 05:42 PM
sheverone
Scooby Newbie

Default same

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Hi all

I'm having a few difficulties in trying to sort a friends radio in a 2005 mondeo st220.

Basically it won't let me enter a code in to the radio, it did the first time but the code supped was wrong so the radio locked us out for 30 mins, we then want to ford and purchased the correct code, but now it won't accept any codes and you can enter any 4 digit code as often as you like and it won't reset?

I have signed up to a ford forum looking for any answers as I have googled many search terms for it and have only found 1 issue the same and it never got resolved.

Here is a copy to the link if any interest to you
http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/top...77#entry330777

Any help appreciated as he is stating to loose his temper now he just wants his radio back

Cheers all

Craig
Hello Craig, i have same problem as you, correct PIN but does not accepted. Did you solved it already ?
Old 25 January 2015, 05:52 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

When I had my ford focus the code was put on a label in the wheel well of the spare. Have a look to see if you have any labels.

Trending Topics

Old 25 January 2015, 05:55 PM
sheverone
Scooby Newbie

I think that some people here dont know what Craig mean in topics start.
Its not about correct PIN - Its about that you can not pass a PIN code gate by correct PIN, you can put any PIN and unit do not lock anyway, dont show any text, just still same number fields and "enter pin". It should lock for while if it work as it should.
Old 25 January 2015, 06:06 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

My initial step would be then to remove the power for a couple of hours to see if radio resets.