Old 28 April 2012, 10:32 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
25 miles!!!!!!

what a pile of ****e
???

The ampera is an electric car that has a 1.4petrol engine that drives a generator that provides power to the 150BHP electric motor

Basically a petrol electric...its range is far greater than 25miles

I’m not sure what electrical storage facilities (batteries) are on the car perhaps it can go 25miles before the petrol engine is needed???
Old 28 April 2012, 10:49 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

50 miles I heard , nice looking
Old 28 April 2012, 11:05 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't get these electric cars in how they will save you money as your electric bill every quarter will be astronomical I'd rather pay the petrol prices!

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 28 April 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 28 April 2012, 11:29 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
I don't get these electric cars in how they will save you money as your electric bill every quarter will be astranomical I'd rather pay the petrol prices!
And replacement batteries are not cheap!
Old 28 April 2012, 11:38 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Electric cars died before they even hit the showrooms lol.
Old 29 April 2012, 05:53 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

They don't look twice the price! They are £35k to £40k
Old 20 May 2012, 10:20 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It has 50 on electric followed by petrol, the full range of the car is only 360 miles which makes it pointless, for 33k i soo wanted it but the tank is only 30litres i expected over 1000 but the advertising is misleading, when you buy it you also get an 800 quid british gas electric point installed outside ya house, but as i live in a terrace bit crap having lead going over pavement pikey kids would nick it lol

Now if its for the wife taking kids to,school great idea cos mine would never need fuel ever, but for motorways it got a crap review and the mpg was really only 31 which as of last week was less than my scoobydoo i got 34.5 at 68mph in intelligent mode

Look ok though but for,the money id probably look at that new zafira touring fully loaded

Last edited by Littleted; 20 May 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 16 November 2012, 11:40 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Just had one on a 3 day test drive, have to say i was very impressed. I am petrol head at heart and was sceptical about electric cars. Although this only does 50 miles on the battery alone that is 3 days of commutting for me the cost of £1 to charge it!. Cant see an issue there at all. And the fuel tank is there for the longer trips which makes if you do an occassional long trip and need the extra range. You do need either an outside plug or power in the garage though, dont think plugging it in through the letterbox would be a permanent thing
Performance is very decent too and being electric it delivers maximum power all the time.

I had the top spec one on test drive and it had everything in it. Although I think even the base spec is still very well specced.

The different displays are good for showing you what power your using, makes you thing about driving a bit more sensibly too.

And you get £5k back from the government for buying an electric car.

Have to say i am very tempted. And keep the nice car for when i want to go for a drive not just the daily commute.
Old 16 November 2012, 01:30 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lady I work with has one. Not really that sold on the looks in black as just looks like an older style car to me. Is a bit weird in the work car park (underground) when she floats by not making a sound.

She has had several problems with fuel flaps, warning lights etc and it has to go off to a certain dealer to be worked on as not all garages are qualified to work on them. So rather than a day in the workshop its more like a week.

There was a govt scheme to get you a heavy discount up to £10k but not sure that is still avail.
Old 16 November 2012, 02:22 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Lady I work with has one. Not really that sold on the looks in black as just looks like an older style car to me. Is a bit weird in the work car park (underground) when she floats by not making a sound.

She has had several problems with fuel flaps, warning lights etc and it has to go off to a certain dealer to be worked on as not all garages are qualified to work on them. So rather than a day in the workshop its more like a week.

There was a govt scheme to get you a heavy discount up to £10k but not sure that is still avail.
Seemed ok on the one i had, had 6k on the clock (lcd screen )hopefully those issues have been ironed out. I think anyone who is sceptical will change their mind once they drive one, it does make sense and is perfectly useable on battery alone for the everyday commute.
Old 16 November 2012, 03:24 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

vauxhalls are pretty good at present esp with the 10 year warr and interest free.

Id have one but my commute is 120miles and i live in a terrace, cant have wire across street LOL
I was at microsoft in reading a month ago and lots of them in car Park and lots of charging points, No brainer if u work there and live in reading free driveing to work Bonus

Id actually have bought one if Vauxhall hadnt put such a small petrol tank in it, 35L. the full range is only 350 ish which is only 40 miles better than my scoob

but in your situation dave, id get one mega value. and company car tax or errrrrrrrrr next to NOWT.

Failing that the Lexus CT200 is cheaper sim spec and has a larger tank, BUT isnt extendd range.
Old 16 November 2012, 04:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Saw one these near me recently, looks nice - and so it should be a that price lol
Old 16 November 2012, 04:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
vauxhalls are pretty good at present esp with the 10 year warr and interest free.

Id have one but my commute is 120miles and i live in a terrace, cant have wire across street LOL
I was at microsoft in reading a month ago and lots of them in car Park and lots of charging points, No brainer if u work there and live in reading free driveing to work Bonus

Id actually have bought one if Vauxhall hadnt put such a small petrol tank in it, 35L. the full range is only 350 ish which is only 40 miles better than my scoob

but in your situation dave, id get one mega value. and company car tax or errrrrrrrrr next to NOWT.

Failing that the Lexus CT200 is cheaper sim spec and has a larger tank, BUT isnt extendd range.
I'm sure there's all kind if inducements for the workers, but for the average journey

How much would it cost to charge over a week say

What are the residuals comp ordinary car

Wouldn't it be cheaper hire a taxi

Last edited by dpb; 16 November 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 16 November 2012, 04:33 PM
Alarmeng
Scooby Regular

Default Vauxhall

HOpe its not like the 12 plate Insignia i have ? Pile of poo and had more parts fitted than i dont know what :-(