Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

cliosport.net website removed

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2002, 04:31 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

As a paid up member of the Cliosport.net website, i had noticed yesterday that the site has not been working.

I got the following mail from Jason Thomas, the guy who runs the site today and i think its outrageous..

"As some of you may have noticed the ClioSport.net website is currently not working.

The reason for this is that the hosting company have decided the site is too popular, and is burdening their servers too much, therefore they have shut it down with no warning.

I have found another company to host the site, and am now in the process of transferring the domain. This will take a couple of days, it's difficult to be precise. Hopefully the site will then be running as it was yesterday!

Please also note that none of the email addresses @ cliosport.net are working, but when the website comes back up so will the email addresses. In the meantime, I can be contacted on this email address (opt@rocketmail.com).

Regards
Jas"

How can the company just shut the site down with no warning to the person who has paid for the web hosting in the first place !!

Dave
Old 02 May 2002, 05:21 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Angry

I wondered where it had gone too!!

Sounds a bit like when I shared a house with 3 friends. We all had seperate phone lines with Telewest (Spit!) and our phone bills were about £100 a month each. Came home from work one day to find we had all been cut off. After finally getting through to their customer (no)help I was informed we had been cut off because we were obviously a business" They didn't bother checking that most of the calls were to internet providers.
Old 02 May 2002, 08:12 PM
ChrisB

"How can the company just shut the site down with no warning to the person who has paid for the web hosting in the first place !!"

The danger of running on what, I would guess, is a host that provides "unlimited bandwidth".

Nothing is unlimited in the Internet world. Unlimited B/W is fine on a small site but start getting big hits and the provider will soon expect you to cough up £££.

For instance - http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/terms.html

"UNLIMITED USE POLICY
High bandwidth usage: Fasthosts offers an unlimited use policy by maintaining very large ratios of bandwidth per customer. In rare cases, Fasthosts may find a customer to be using server resources to such an extent that he or she may jeopardize server performance and resources for other customers. In such instances, Fasthosts reserves the right to impose the High Resource User Policy for the consideration of all customers."

"HIGH RESOURCE USER POLICY
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization.

FastHosts may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:

When a website is found to be monopolising the resources available FastHosts reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. Customers may be offered an option whereby Fasthosts continues hosting the website for an additional fee."