Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Meriva 1.4 Turbo SE

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2011, 10:51 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Meriva 1.4 Turbo SE

Well i had a zafira Elite 1.9 CTDI 08 and the diesal isues started changed EGR and other parts started to go, so id had enough.

I ended up trying to change it for a petrol Zafira, as the elites hold their money really well. anyway by the time Finance addded their intrest i could nearly buy a new car for the same, so i did.

I got a meriva 1.4 Turbo SE fully loaded, 18 Inch wheels dab Radio Mobile Phone, heated steering wheel <<< WTF heated Seats, auto wipers lights etc etc, Moon roof as standard. Bit smaller but does what she needs

price after all extras was 22k LOL so i started the bartering, with the offers discounts friends n family salemens gave me, i walked out with it for 16k on Intrest free with that Lifetime warrenty.

So she picked it up Monday and its a nice little motor, not as torquey and wifes moaning its a little slow but then again she said my sti was slow cos it doesnt have that diesal surge unless you know how to drive it.

The model i got was the 120 cos the 140 is the same engine and with a tweak you can do it yourself, rather than pay the extra 800.but 120 is lower tax higher MPG more going for it.

but a good little car, see how it goes over the months, I like the look of the new zafira Touring, and i also like the space in the zaffy thats what i,ll miss most, throw anything in them.

the Diesal issues though Vauxhall have are massive and i didnt even think they would effect me but when it did, i could just see me pouring money into it.
I will never ever buy a diesel again Unless its my company car thus will do the miles. or they CAN the chuffing DPF ****e
Old 02 November 2011, 11:21 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are Vauxhall using Fiat petrol engines these days?
Old 02 November 2011, 11:33 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

they did on the Insignia Diesal yes, i was unsure of the petrol but you may be right.
Old 02 November 2011, 04:46 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they based on a Corsa? £16k sounds mental, £22k is there to make £16k look good.

I understand getting petrol though, I have been burnt with GM engines in my Alfa diesel. I'm a petrol man that's for sure. Also a lifetime warranty is a good deal, just loads of money!
Old 02 November 2011, 05:15 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

ive just looked at the NEW NEW zafira and the one id like is 29k loaded, but they only do a 1.4 petrol.

Now pardon my view, but for a meriva thats ok, but having that same engine in a Bigger Zaffy will be flat as a fart.

The new diesal looks nice though 165 BHP, the 150 i had was great.

The price of the meriva is alot but when you compare it as i did to the Honda and Note with equipment etc, it was as good as,

what i really wanted was the Lifetime warrenty, and i would be even willing to pay any dealer another 2k if i could add it to any car

well 100k or 10 years as it stands.

You can pick up a low end meriva for 11k but i had to get the moonroof, but i also needed rear electric wndows for the baby etc, and you only get that on the top of the line SE

Ahh Andy sorry they are based on a split chassis Astra/Corsa, the Old one was Corsa yes, not much diff inside to be honest than the zaffy, infact the new zafira is the same inside as the new meriva, all following the Insignia design

Last edited by Littleted; 02 November 2011 at 05:18 PM.