Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan 350Z 3.5V6 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2011, 01:06 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan 350Z 3.5V6 GT

I'm looking for a new car, well actually thats not true.

The girlfriend has destroyed her car and she's now taken possesion of my focus, so instead of buying her a new car and me keeping the focus, I think I may let her have the ford and I'll get something new.

Has anyone owned one, any horror stories or things to look out for?
Old 04 June 2011, 01:14 PM
biglad58
Scooby Regular

I had one for a bit, i thought it went really well and looked stunning with the nismo kit on. Obviously coming from a 4wd scoob i had to change my driving a bit cos you can easily be caught out with the rwd. So many times the back end would be out, a lot of fun when you wanted it to be. I'm back in a scoob now. Didnt have it long enough to have any probs really. Would i have one again yeah i think i would.
Old 04 June 2011, 01:31 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Cheers, thanks for that.

I've been struggling with choice of what to look at and had completely not even acknowledged this car until earlier today. A quick search on pistonheads and you seem to get quite a bit of car for the money.
Old 04 June 2011, 05:07 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I had a 2002 one, fantastic car and would have one again,

Mac
Old 05 June 2011, 03:28 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

cheers mac, seems to be quite a few out there at the moment, found a 2006 low mileage with full optional extras for 11k from a trader. Does the price seem about right on that?
Old 05 June 2011, 04:28 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
cheers mac, seems to be quite a few out there at the moment, found a 2006 low mileage with full optional extras for 11k from a trader. Does the price seem about right on that?
Yes, that price is about right.

Around 10k trade
Old 05 June 2011, 07:21 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

I've been looking at these for a few weeks now myself.

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
things to look out for?
There's a fairly extensive buyers guide here

Trending Topics

Old 05 June 2011, 07:50 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Funnily enough, I've been on there this afternoon having a nose around.

From what I can make out servicing seems to be reasonable and the only thing everyone seems to take umbridge with is the mpg. What sort of difference in petrol usage is there between one of these and the scoob?

I've found one I like the look of, but its up north!
Old 05 June 2011, 08:03 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Not a 350Z, but I own a 370Z.

I test drove a 350Z when they first came out, but decided on a Scooby that time round. This time around though, I fancied RWD.

They can be slippery in the wet with a good prod of the right foot, but thats the fun.

Think of them more like a quick GT car rather than a sports car. Dynamically they can't touch a Cayman, and do have a very "old school" feel to them, but that adds to their appeal. An Audi TT or Z4 with be the easier car to drive, but I guarantee they are both far more boring to drive.

Best way is to take a test drive of a couple. The Gearboxes vibrate (fixed on the 370's) at high speeds, but don't let that put you off. They all do that.

EDIT.
If it snows, walk instead. They get stuck in cow pat.

Last edited by stilover; 05 June 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05 June 2011, 08:14 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

That was ours ,part of the fleet that the boy used mostly with me and the misses using occasionally

Just sold it was £7400 6 weeks ago after some months of trying 54 year with 52 k on the clock
Had it for three years fully loaded with gadgets and leather
Petrol was it's biggest cost and ,ale a Subaru look economical averaged 22-24 mixed driving and once got 29 on a really long journey sometimes dropping to 18-20 when having fun

Reliability frost class differentials make a funny noise which was a £200 repair and break pads discs were bought off the 350 z forum for £300 and £80 for a garage to fit them ,better then £800 from a dealership

Passed 3 mots no problem and servicing was from a local dealer small £139 larger one £280

We were nervous about the clutch going which would of been £900 with the miles creeping up

Rust appeared on a couple of spots on the roof and the front end needed a respray especially under the grill due to stone chips

Tyres were the killer cost £180 each for the back and lasting only.........10k miles seriously they eat Tyres fronts lasting 18k at £150 each

Good quality inside

But rain is the killer for 350z sliding everywhere and a classic was it was parked up one on some slippy cobbles on a slope and 2grannies had to push it to get it out

Snow was a no hope and it could not even get out of my gravel drive

I had to take the boy to work 7 times when there was snow on the ground could not even get up the slight slope to his work place at hospital useless car totally in the winter

So all gloom fast yes same as my classic
Noise fantastic with the induction kit and milteck twin exhaust for £600
Looks absolute head turner and great image

Corner no I once got home 2 minutes quicker on a 15 mile blast in my classic fast on the straight but slow down for the corners

Great poser car and noise but the scooby is better so we would never get the urge too get one again but It looked great

Old 05 June 2011, 08:32 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that guys.

Some more food for thought there. I'm not overly worried about the snow situation being in sunny north london, but the petrol comment about making the scoob look economical is a bit of a thinker lol

I really should get in one and see what kind of feeling I get from the car.
Old 07 June 2011, 07:11 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

In total contrast, funnily enough I'm off to look at an 07 plate Focus ST-3 this weekend instead now.

On paper it seems similar power but with more torque than my old classic scoob, has anyone had one of these - not in ASBO orange
Old 11 June 2011, 01:55 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that pic

ps 350z GT great car for posing but not so good at going really fast. MPG & visibilty poor but the best looking car Iv owned.
Old 11 June 2011, 09:55 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

I've had mine since the beginning of March and love it! Poor mpg is a load of tosh IMO, compared against the impreza it's brilliant and even for a 3.5 V6 it isn't bad. I make regular trips down to Plymouth and easily manages 30+mpg! That's 70 - 80 mph. Even just driving about normally I can manage high 20s mpg as with most cars, it only suffers when you poke it with it a stick.

Tyres at £180 each? Only if you're daft enough to put the typically over priced "premium" brands on. Toyo, Yokohama etc work just as good if not better and are a fraction of the price.

The rear wheels will still spin in the dry even with the TC on and first gear is a bit too keen but other than that it's perfectly drivable.

Don't get me wrong I loved my impreza and was truly gutted to see it go but it just wasn't right for my lifestyle as it is at the moment. Long distance relationship means long journeys and the 350Z is a much better suited car for it.