Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi a3 2.0t Quattro sport

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2011, 08:06 PM
leonski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi a3 2.0t Quattro sport

Been looking at one of these but dont know much about them. Test driving it tomorrow but it's a 54 plate with 110k miles.
Full Audi service history and 1 owner from new just wondering if mileage is a problem on these and anything to look out for.
Thanks
Old 04 April 2011, 06:27 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Been looking at audis myself lately and for some reason you never seem to see low mileage examples appreciatte that a lot off these high end cars are ex company vehicles hence mileage but are there never any newer low milage ones for sale anywhere ??

no doubt many will sat mileage is not a problem but just not 100% comfortable paying a lot off dosh on a car with 100k + miles on the clock.
Old 04 April 2011, 07:14 PM
sovietspybob
Scooby Regular

I've driven a 2007 version, it had the DSG box though but is very much a marmite thing.

It was a very nice car but i didn't get on with the DSG box atall so didn't pursue it any further, it also has no feeling though the steering compared to all the other cars ive driven which may or may not be an issue.

Not quite as well built and nice inside as i was lead to believe tbh, didn't seem a massive step up from the 2006 ford focus i once owned which i was a bit shocked at, but perhaps that says more of the other manufactures narrowing the gap rather than the Audi being poor.

All in all though they are pretty good cars from what i can tell, feel pretty decent to drive, steering feel aside, and the 2.0t engine is lovely and nice and economical to boot.
Old 05 April 2011, 02:11 PM
leonski
Scooby Regular

Test drive went well, feels pretty fast to be honest. Not as mental as my impreza just fast, smooth and composed.
The only issue is the mileage but I've been through the book and it's 1 woman owner who's done 15-17k every year in it and had it serviced at Audi annually so that helps just still not sure what these engines are good for?
Also the clutch seemed quite high which may mean a replacement will be due at some point but no slipping at all.
Only other issue was a smell of *** smoke but the guy reckons they have a machine they leave in for 12 hours and it kills all smells. Anyone know if this is true?