Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BBEN OFFERED A TYPE R EP2

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2010, 02:41 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBEN OFFERED A TYPE R EP2

I like the cars and know they have very good engine, what to you fellas think of them very tempted, everything looks ok with it

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/1548060/

SORRY EP3

Last edited by NEILB1; 26 December 2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 26 December 2010, 03:16 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

love them..i had one before the scoob....great cars....
Old 26 December 2010, 09:52 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

Why did you love it fella. Just something about them that I like but can't put my finger on it however I am very tempted
Old 26 December 2010, 11:55 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

looked good.an awsum driving position,loved to be ragged. didnt have any problems with it what so ever....fairly cheap to run compared to the scoob....

not best when its damp, but deffo a fun car...
Old 27 December 2010, 04:51 AM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

i've got one, they are slower then STi impreza and don't handle as nice but for a daily drive they are fairly fun,

the insurance is about the same as a STi import though, so don't be fooled into think that it will cost a lot less to insure as alot of fanboys/chavs buy them and wreck them within weeks or they end up getting pinched alot.

Just give it a good check over, just a few common problems like 2nd gear can be notchy when cold/worn synchro's.
Engine using oil,

Parts aren't cheap either, be sure its had the cam chain tensioner changed or at the very least checked as they have been known to fail.

Otherwise pretty reliable cars, i have done 3000 miles in mine in the past 2 months.
Economy wise they are ok.
Old 27 December 2010, 08:45 AM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

ye looked into thew insurancwe and is near the same as the scoob, i can imagine they are cheaoer to run being a 2.0i 6 speed, i will as him about the chain tensioner and 2nd gear as well, see what he says
Old 28 December 2010, 07:26 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Just sold one of these and it was a great car.

Driven sensibly (not slowly) you get about 35mpg whch is a welcome difference to the Scoob. I found servicing costs a bit cheaper too. Parts are expensive although consumables are not. 3 wiper blade assemblies from Honda less than £20 for instance.

Car handles well in the dry (better out of the box than a Scoob I would say) yet does not grip as well as a Scoob especially in the wet, but is still a lot of fun.

Acceleration wise it is pretty rapid, but you need to learn to rev it and for some that is a psychological thing. All the fun happens above 6K rpm

Downsides are the interior is cheap as chips and the plastic fascias scratch up very easily, especially the door handles. The wheels are a nice design but the lacquer peels off them eventually so you may need to get them refurbed.

I had mine nearly 3 years and only got rid because I was tired of going everywhere with the revs screaming their **** off LOL! Wanted something a bit more sedate. Getting old you see

Last edited by f1_fan; 28 December 2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 28 December 2010, 08:36 AM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Just sold one of these and it was a great car.

Driven sensibly (not slowly) you get about 35mpg whch is a welcome difference to the Scoob. I found servicing costs a bit cheaper too. Parts are expensive although consumables are not. 3 wiper blade assemblies from Honda less than £20 for instance.

Car handles well in the dry (better out of the box than a Scoob I would say) yet does not grip as well as a Scoob especially in the wet, but is still a lot of fun.

Acceleration wise it is pretty rapid, but you need to learn to rev it and for some that is a psychological thing. All the fun happens above 6K rpm

Downsides are the interior is cheap as chips and the plastic fascias scratch up very easily, especially the door handles. The wheels are a nice design but the lacquer peels off them eventually so you may need to get them refurbed.

I had mine nearly 3 years and only got rid because I was tired of going everywhere with the revs screaming their **** off LOL! Wanted something a bit more sedate. Getting old you see
thankyou for that fella, i not goint to go for it now as there is something not quite right following my head on this on plus i really need a 4 door for my sone etc and the civic as you know is a 3, End of the day i like the scooby and it will alway out perform the civic so sticking with the scoob now
Old 28 December 2010, 09:38 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NEILB1
thankyou for that fella, i not goint to go for it now as there is something not quite right following my head on this on plus i really need a 4 door for my sone etc and the civic as you know is a 3, End of the day i like the scooby and it will alway out perform the civic so sticking with the scoob now
No worries mate, I am lucky enough to have a Scoob too albeit an old one so can see where you are coming from.

The three door thing would soon wind you up with your son so good decision.