Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

If I Sell My Girl The Next Car Is.....

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2010, 03:39 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I Sell My Girl The Next Car Is.....

Looking and hearing peoples Insurance this year for Any Subaru's sounds like their all going up. In a Big Way Don't get me wrong, I know it does every year But these Prices.... Your Talking anything from £100-£500 +

Now I only use mine at weekends (company van) And still prob do 15 mile a week. Apart from say Club Runs etc. So having a look on Auto Trader, Piston Heads and other sites, these are my Choices. If I sell up In January when the Insurance Is Due that Is

Check em all out on You Tube Etc. Gave me more of an Idea!

Any Order. Got Around £5K Give or take.

1: Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0v6.
2: Mazda6 Sport 2.3ltr.
3: Mazda6 MPS 2.3ltr Turbo. High Miles Tho!
4: Lexus IS200 Sport 2.0ltr. Test drove one before I bought The Scoob.
5: BMW 530 Sport 3.0tlr.
6: Honda Accord Type R 2.2ltr. Again test one before I Bought the Scoob.
7: Corolla T-Sport 1.8 vvti 1.8ltr.
8: Audi A4-A6-A8. With my cash i'm looking at X-wing Fighter Mileage

I know all of these are 4dr +. Plus I like having em after loads of 2drs :mrgreen:

Thought I'd add some Pictures. (All Off Google)

Mondeo- Loving the Spec to be honest. Got everything you could want and more. Good Power 220bhp and Looks pretty Good too. I Know MPG is Around 27 but Insurance is Grp16. Can't drink more than mine Surely Performance Blue Or Silver. 6 speed only not the 5!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7kgDjJXno

Mazda6 Sport- My mates got one in Yellow, not my Colour. Really nice car, no probs in over 6yrs now. Good Spec, Power is 166bhp. Big Car but drives really nice. Ins Grp13. Bose Sound System. Styling is Really nice, have to have the one with the Kit on it. Looks too plain Otherwise. Did A Quote on line £630 all in! With NCP, Legal Cover you name it. 03 Worth £4K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OecxQXzyQhA

Mazda6 Mps- Same as above with a Turbo strapped to it and All Wheel Drive. 260bhp, 27mpg and Insurance Grp16. Just not keen on the Outside of it. More Of A Sleeper really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsMKyPZW4hk

Lexus IS200 Sport- BMW 3 series but better to look at. The one I drove I couldn't fault it Really Comfy (i sound old) Good Spec Heated seats etc. The only thing was it didn't feel fast enough. I know they do the IS300. 210bhp. But its Automatic with Steering Shift as well. Not sure. MPG29.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnqSNyhYGE

BMW 530 Sport- Just really Big. Not sure if am keen on the Interior or not. Loving the outside, Seems abit Old Man ish. Am 33 at Xmas but don't look it. (I don't wanna sound a D##k or out) but most people Think I'm 26-28. Mrs Liked my Mates M3. Think it was her that thrown this in. She can't even Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bDxZTjvhsg

Honda Accord Type R- Really quick car. Loved the Speed and the Rawness of it. (james will tel ya) Recaro Front Seats, V-tec pushing 220bhp. But thats it. Nothing else to it. Only thing stopped me buying one was the Scoob Boxer Sound. Think I want Toys Now, Auto Lights, Wipers, Heated Seats, Traction & Esp, Cruise Control etc. I've got a Company van n all (i've lost it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt-4lmShMls

Corolla T-sport- My dads got one. Right little Nippy Thing. 189bhp vvti Engine. Same as the Hondas really. Past 6.5K revs it wakes up and Screams at you. All Climate Control, LED dash Board, 6spd Box 34mpg and Ins Grp14 I think. Never had nowt wrong touch wood. It's just hes got one. Cool car tho

FenSports Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsVQ...BB230&index=11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheuZAT5kFE

Dash Clocks Are Like The Defi One's. LED!

Audi's- Love em. Can't say anymore. But with my Budget as I said, most are High Miles. Plus I would want at least 180bhp.

YEAH RIGHT. IN MY DREAMS!

Oh, And... Saab 9-3 2.0t Aero Sport. 200bhp Insurance 16, 34mpg. No Nowt About them. Like the outside, Just Not Sure On The Inside.

SEE WHAT I MEAN.

There's prob more but I can't think now. Its Late, am going bed

Think the ST220 Blue Oval is At the Top for now. Anyways lets hope I get to keep my baby. Dear Santa, I want Cheap Insurance

Comments as ever People

Last edited by Razorwrx1; 20 November 2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Pictures And Vids
Old 13 November 2010, 06:06 AM
snowy95wrx
Scooby Regular

from the titlte i thought it was going to be a list of fantasy cars for after your deal with the white slave traders!!!!!!!
Old 13 November 2010, 12:16 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

As you probably know I faced a similar choice about a year and a half ago and went with the Mondeo. Haven't regretted it at all and it has been a great all round car. If it had RWD and a bit more poke I doubt I would be thinking of selling it...however, I'm hankering after a VXR8 or such like now.

Search my past posts and you'll find quite a few references to the ST220.
Old 13 November 2010, 02:52 PM
Danny-WRX
Scooby Regular

After owning one (for not nearly long enough but loving every minute) i would take the accord type r. Qualifies as a family car spacious, comfy and when the family are at home it is one helluva b road blaster.
Old 14 November 2010, 03:15 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by snowy95wrx
from the titlte i thought it was going to be a list of fantasy cars for after your deal with the white slave traders!!!!!!!
might have to yet to pay the Insurance in January
Old 14 November 2010, 03:24 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
As you probably know I faced a similar choice about a year and a half ago and went with the Mondeo. Haven't regretted it at all and it has been a great all round car. If it had RWD and a bit more poke I doubt I would be thinking of selling it...however, I'm hankering after a VXR8 or such like now.

Search my past posts and you'll find quite a few references to the ST220.
Yeah I read em mate. Really good! If I do end up going for one I'll be in touch. You can give us pointers on what to check etc!
Old 14 November 2010, 03:28 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danny-WRX
After owning one (for not nearly long enough but loving every minute) i would take the accord type r. Qualifies as a family car spacious, comfy and when the family are at home it is one helluva b road blaster.
It is a Wonderful car, and the prices their going for now is a bargin! Insurance isn't too bad and neither is the MPG. Love the Engine, just loves to be Pushed and Red Lined. Mrs loves em. First one she saw was at Santa Pod, took her camping their for the Weekend! Hated the Camping but loved the ATR on the Strip.
Old 14 November 2010, 07:21 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know what you mean about insurance going up.

Mine's just gone up to £300!

What to do?

Speak to Moley
Old 14 November 2010, 12:45 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
I know what you mean about insurance going up.

Mine's just gone up to £300!

What to do?

Speak to Moley
£300 that's a big jump mate

I rang gary last year, but because of my Post Code he couldn't touch us! Even tho I don't use it in the week. Just my luck!
Old 14 November 2010, 01:07 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i am just about to renew mine with aviva 300.45 bargain the post office wanted 522.00 to renew daft ***** and guess who the provider was aviva
Old 14 November 2010, 01:11 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

All cars are going up. My girlfriends 1.4 Fiesta went up £100

So getting rid of the scoob means you just pay the extra £200/£300 on another car?
Old 14 November 2010, 02:07 PM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

Never look at insurance costs unless you look at the overall running cost. For example somebody doing 10k a year in an Impreza and the insurance goes up by £100. But the price of petrol goes up 5% and your costs are up by £120. So if you're looking to save whatever the extra insurance cost is next year, you could either find a car in a lower insurance group or find a car with better mpg - the latter will probably generate a greater saving unless you do a very low mileage. Working out your depreciation on a pence per mile basis rather than just taking the hit when you sell is also a good move.
Old 14 November 2010, 02:58 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
i am just about to renew mine with aviva 300.45 bargain the post office wanted 522.00 to renew daft ***** and guess who the provider was aviva
Thats a good price. I'd love that
Old 14 November 2010, 03:01 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
All cars are going up. My girlfriends 1.4 Fiesta went up £100

So getting rid of the scoob means you just pay the extra £200/£300 on another car?
On mine mate i'm paying £80 a month. Just to use it weekends
Old 14 November 2010, 03:08 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave Thornton
Never look at insurance costs unless you look at the overall running cost. For example somebody doing 10k a year in an Impreza and the insurance goes up by £100. But the price of petrol goes up 5% and your costs are up by £120. So if you're looking to save whatever the extra insurance cost is next year, you could either find a car in a lower insurance group or find a car with better mpg - the latter will probably generate a greater saving unless you do a very low mileage. Working out your depreciation on a pence per mile basis rather than just taking the hit when you sell is also a good move.
See what you mean Dave, good that I pay now £80 Thats with all mods like for like but with a 1500 mile a year Policy.

The price for 4000K miles a year was £160 a month. Am 33 next month with 15yrs + NC and 1 SP30 from 2007. Would be worth it if i Didn't have a Company for work.

If I got one of the Cars off my list for Example the Insurance would drop a good £300-600 + depending which I got.

I think bottom line is... Any more than £10-£20 a month more I would be daft to pay for 1-2 days driving a week
Old 14 November 2010, 03:46 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1
£300 that's a big jump mate

I rang gary last year, but because of my Post Code he couldn't touch us! Even tho I don't use it in the week. Just my luck!
LOL, no, it went up by £10 TO £300
Old 14 November 2010, 05:26 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re your list-the St220 looks and sound fantastic with nice handling and nicely kitted out as standard.Problem is the fuel economy.I used one at work and we were getting about 230 ish miles per tank-was driven hard though...
Thought about the st tdci?
Old 14 November 2010, 06:16 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billyray911
Re your list-the St220 looks and sound fantastic with nice handling and nicely kitted out as standard.Problem is the fuel economy.I used one at work and we were getting about 230 ish miles per tank-was driven hard though...
Thought about the st tdci?
Yeah I have mate. It's the same car in it give or take Recaro seats etc. Thing is I use the Van all week. Could be a Contender tho! Cheers for the heads up pal
Old 14 November 2010, 06:17 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
LOL, no, it went up by £10 TO £300
Old 14 November 2010, 11:22 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1
On mine mate i'm paying £80 a month. Just to use it weekends
Look at it from an insurance point of view and just using it at weekends means it is sat in one place for 5 days, so risk would go up on say a nicked to order type crime? Anyway good excuse for Ins Co's to load up your premium
Old 15 November 2010, 08:48 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Look at it from an insurance point of view and just using it at weekends means it is sat in one place for 5 days, so risk would go up on say a nicked to order type crime? Anyway good excuse for Ins Co's to load up your premium
Not really mate. More chance of someone having a bump using it everyday. Besides it's chained up with gates, cameras and spotlights on it 24hrs a day and my neighbours are in all day n night. It does get used in the week just not everyday. Only like being sat in a car park everyday, how many peoples cars get bumped being sat there all day! We all just get ripped new ones.
Old 15 November 2010, 08:04 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Forgot to put this down on my list. Ready for it, don't laugh......

Saab 9-3 2.0 Turbo. Really like these but know nowt about em! Think the outside looks well, just not sure on the Inside. Never seen so many Buttons in one car. I know Saab used to make Planes but bloody hell.

Says 200-210bhp, 7.5ses 0-06, Ins 16 and around 34 mpg. All looks good on paper.

Any Thoughts people!
Old 16 November 2010, 09:37 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny-WRX
I've been comtemplating one of these for a while. How do they compare to a classic Impreza in the performance stakes? Can you feel the Vtec coming in?

I wouldn't have thought an ATR would be that much cheaper than an Impreza to run?

I'm in two minds to move on from my Jeep Cherokee - shockingly its group 17 to insure!! and uses way more fuel than any Impreza I've had before. Running an Impreza day to day would actually be cheaper!!
Old 16 November 2010, 09:39 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It's a Vauxhall in a posh frock.
Old 16 November 2010, 10:56 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I've been comtemplating one of these for a while. How do they compare to a classic Impreza in the performance stakes? Can you feel the Vtec coming in?

I wouldn't have thought an ATR would be that much cheaper than an Impreza to run?

I'm in two minds to move on from my Jeep Cherokee - shockingly its group 17 to insure!! and uses way more fuel than any Impreza I've had before. Running an Impreza day to day would actually be cheaper!!
When I test drove one the other year before the Scoob, it was quick. I'd say 7 to mid 7s on 0-60. Like any Vtec or VVti. You hear the 4th Cam kick in, no need to see if your 6.5K or more on the Revs

Their good money now n all, but i'd go for the Facelift model as mentioned before. Some even come with Half Red Seats and Steering wheel. They made afew in White but their Rare. Buy one if you get chance tho, worth a mint now

Average MPG is 29. Not too bad to say its a 2.2ltr.

Just wish it had afew Toys and Creature Comforts. Not had any of that for years now

I'd test drive one if i were you. Put your mind at ease then. Gonna love it or hate it

Last edited by Razorwrx1; 16 November 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 17 November 2010, 10:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I do need to drive a proper Vtec car. Thrashing the nuts of an engine just doesn't seem right to me - compared to low down oomph from a turbo engine like the scooby.
Old 18 November 2010, 05:04 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I do need to drive a proper Vtec car. Thrashing the nuts of an engine just doesn't seem right to me - compared to low down oomph from a turbo engine like the scooby.
Surprising how fast you get used to it! In a Scoob you change gear pretty quick with the Turbo spooling up. In the Honda once the Vtecs screaming it's T##ts off at you.... Keep going and don't change till you see/feel the red line. When I had my Uk spec Crx Del Sol Vti I used to change around 7K revs. There was no need to Red Line it everyday. Everybody to there own tho!

My dads Corolla T-Sport is kind of the same. These kick in around 6.2K revs. Again bloody brilliant cars. Wish he'd get a K&N Typhoon tho. Would sound Even better
Old 20 November 2010, 01:15 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Now with Pictures And some Youtube links..... What would you go for, Depending on Insurance in January. Am paying £800 with a Limited Mile Policy for 1500. You know its going up when that comes off!

What you reckon Dad

Shall I get one like yours And Tune it Up

Race Ya
Old 21 November 2010, 12:25 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Pics added
Old 21 November 2010, 01:00 AM
Richy P1984
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Octavia VRS - add an exhaust, chip, and air filter to see 200hp + Bigger turbo (I understand its small) and you are onto even more hp. Comes in full leather, nice place to sit, and has a very nice in cabin engine note.

Quick Reply: If I Sell My Girl The Next Car Is.....