Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Insignia VXR

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2009, 11:50 AM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insignia VXR

Anyone thinking of having a look at these. 325bhp 4wd 30k but some dealers are already giving 4k discounts. They seem to have had good write ups aswell.
Old 20 July 2009, 12:52 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Had a close look at a static one at the recent VXR Track day. It looked the part - nicely understated. they were left hookers with some OPC detailing which looked a bit better than the brash VXR decals.

I drove a 4wd SRi around Croft and it was plenty quick enough. A bit numb compared to the skittish but entertaining Astras but I reckon the Insignia could be a good car.

It will still have heroic depreciation though, even with heft discounting. I suppose it's a vicious circle in that respect.

Steve
Old 20 July 2009, 12:58 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

If you want a fast Vauxhall, look at these for around £20k

VXR8

That's a lot of car!

Steve
Old 20 July 2009, 01:13 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
Had a close look at a static one at the recent VXR Track day. It looked the part - nicely understated. they were left hookers with some OPC detailing which looked a bit better than the brash VXR decals.

I drove a 4wd SRi around Croft and it was plenty quick enough. A bit numb compared to the skittish but entertaining Astras but I reckon the Insignia could be a good car.

It will still have heroic depreciation though, even with heft discounting. I suppose it's a vicious circle in that respect.

Steve
A mate bought a new Astra VXR discounted with 19's to less than 18k, 2 years later he's been offered 12k part ex which is better than my WRX. They do depreciate heavily if you pay list but one should aim for atleast 3k off list.

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
If you want a fast Vauxhall, look at these for around £20k

VXR8

That's a lot of car!

Steve
I like these but the missus thinks we should get something a little more classy/grown up. I like the BMW 335 and the Insignia VXR. Either would be second hand/nearly new.

Last edited by Jimpreza; 20 July 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 20 July 2009, 07:40 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

I think they look great and it's a heck of a lot of car for £30k, at least £10k less than the equivalent Audi.

As stated, depreciation is going to be stiff and the dealer network are even worse than Subaru's.

I can't believe dealers are already offering big discounts, I remember trying to chip the dealer when I got my Mk1 GSi Vectra estate, 'why would we discount our top of the range car that has a 6 month waiting list' was the answer.

I'd be tempted as a company car or a lease.
Old 21 July 2009, 09:42 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

The Vectra VXR was extremely fast the only thing that let it down was very poor brakes for the power, don't know if this has been sorted on the Insignia?
Old 21 July 2009, 10:37 AM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

The Insignia VXR has brembo brakes and 4wd.
Old 21 July 2009, 12:08 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

And it comes in Estate version. Deffo worth a look in the future.
Old 21 July 2009, 01:34 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

So, this car will represent a great second hand buy.

However, because it would be appear to be such a good second hand buy will that strengthen the residual values making it not so great a second hand buy

Steve
Old 21 July 2009, 03:41 PM
lestippp
Scooby Regular

They will still make good second hand buys, just like the VXR8, you can pick these up for less than £20k now with low miles.

The advantage on the Insignia is that it has decent brakes and 4WD so it will be a good, year round, car. They will still depreciate heavily because its a performance vauxhall, they all do these days, don't know why. I remember wanting a 2.0 Astra GTE when I was 20 and they held their value really well back then but not any more. I guess there are to many really good alternatives.

£30k for a VXR insignia new or a RS4 Audi second hand? What would you buy
Old 21 July 2009, 10:17 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

That's the thing though it's 26k for a brand new insignia VXR with 4wd 325 bhp with 3 years warrantee, cheap servicing and fully leaded as standard. They will depreciate badly as most cars in the higher c02 bracket will.