Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan Silva S15

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2009, 07:19 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Silva S15

Hi all, I said to a mate i might go take a look at an S15 on friday with him. Hes very interested in a 1999 fresh import up for £10k. Can anyone tell me anything about them, I do like the car but I have never really looked round one before. Any previous owners about with any hints etc?

Also, has anyone had any dealings with wrc-sales in Bradford before? Never heard of them, personally Id always be cautious of imports coming into Bradford after seeing 2 different garages there previously (Keithley motors for one and another right round the corner)

Must admit, it looks tidy from the photos but so did the cars I went to look at lol.
Old 24 June 2009, 11:21 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

the S15 is basically a newer 200SX, it ran along side the S14a for a while from 1999, but never really replaced it as such and was never officially brought into the UK

main differences over the S14 & S14a, were more power (250ps), a 6 speed gearbox, a BB turbo on the earlier ones and a stiffer chassis & suspension setup, as well as things like a more modern interior & dashboard

they do share quite a lot of common parts with the 200SX though and as such are also pretty reliable, I've had an S14a for over 3 years now and it's been spot on

lovely cars, a friend of mine had one for a couple of years that he recently sold, it was a '99 Spec-R Aero model in pewter (metallic grey) and was a stunning example

for more info & advice I'd take a look at S15 Owners Club and Nissan SX Owners Club
Old 24 June 2009, 11:30 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

is this the one? >>> Auto Trader UK - NISSAN SILVIA S15 SPEC R
Old 25 June 2009, 10:01 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I heard a rumour that Keighley Trade Centre had either been bought by WRC or vice versa... as there was the same cars being advertised by both places, shortly after that, WRC Car Sales changed to WRC Sales Keighley and WRC Sales Bradford which kind of had alarm bells ringing a wee bit for me since I've seen a couple of KTC cars and they've been rough.

Would he not be better travelling a wee bit further to a well known importer?? I've heard good things about Torque-GT on the DC2 and DC5 forums... seems they have a couple of S15 for sale as well?? Heres a clicky link to their Nissan stock.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 25 June 2009, 10:11 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I think they look great, saw a really nice white one in Clitheroe on Saturday, but £10k for a 10 year old car seems a bit steep to me as they aren't that special.
Old 25 June 2009, 06:25 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
I think they look great, saw a really nice white one in Clitheroe on Saturday, but £10k for a 10 year old car seems a bit steep to me as they aren't that special.
evidently they are, otherwise prices wouldn't be that high...

they can be had for less money though and there are nicer ones out there then the one linked to above IMO

there was a lovely white one on SXOC a few days ago for £7.5K that got snapped up, was nearly tempted myself, but seeing as I've only done ~1500 miles in mine since it was MOT'd in Jan it would be a waste

anyway, when you taking me out in the ST?
Old 25 June 2009, 10:26 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

PM me and we can arrange something.