Which pickup

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2009, 05:10 PM
karl 25
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pickup

Hello everyone Im new here
I am thinking of changing my van and car for a pickup that i can use for work and pleasure purposes to save running two motors. I have been looking at the nissan navara 171bhp and the toyota invincible 200 limited edition 194bhp both double cabs, i was hoping i could get some advice on the good and bad points and the ones with the most power, Im not stuck on the nissan and toyota i am staying open minded at this time. Im not expecting miracles on the performance but something that goes a bit would be good.
Thanks Karl
Old 08 March 2009, 06:15 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

I bought the Nissan tried em all, liked the toyota but seats did not suit proper crap, the engine was smooth and the gearbox awesome but could not stand teh back ache and the high loading height put me off.
The new ranger is good.
I heard a rumour vw are planning one and I fancy that if it happens.
Drive them all for a full day see what suits.
50,000 miles later and no problems with the Nissan been fanatastic and mine works damn hard!comfy,quick,greta tow car,fab spec.
Only a vw/disco tempts me away.
Old 08 March 2009, 06:28 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

What about a ute that means half 4x4 & half flatbed pickup.The Nissan didn't score highly in the crash test stakes ( 2 stars ).As Scoobybits has said the Nissan is capable and can do it in comfort and was recommended in 4x4 magazine a while ago.
Old 09 March 2009, 07:22 AM
karl 25
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for replys. i think i will have a drive of them all. ive got a drive in the toyota next weekend and i am going to try the isuzu rodeo with the ppp pack on. i cant find performance figures for the 3.0 litre one with ppp they only give the figures for the 2.5 model on the website.
Old 09 March 2009, 07:34 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

I've got a 07 L200 Warrior and been very impressed with it so far maybe worth a look !!!
Old 09 March 2009, 01:41 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Just to let you know some Hiluxes are full-time 4wd & others are selectable.I'm guessing only the 3.0ltr d4d top of the range model has full-time 4wd.If you have got common sense buy one without the bodykit if you are going to do light off roading.
Old 09 March 2009, 03:38 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Power is the same on 2.5 Rodeo and the new 3.0 Rodeo apparently. (169 bhp)

I understand the 2.5 had the PPP with a button on the dash to switch on/off (mine has this) and that the new 3.0 had a power boost fitted before registration and the switchable boost has now gone.

The Nissan low NCAP rating was for the air bag triggering a bit too late, they were all recalled and had a software update, passed with much higher marks when retested I think.

If your chopping in a Subaru against your new pick-up then you'll find Isuzu dealers will offer you more money for your old motor as they are part of the same franchise.

Also do a search on here (is it now working?) as this has been discussed quite a few times before.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:20 PM
karl 25
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for all the input guys, i booked a drive in the isuzu rodeo sport LE there is a fair list of extras on this limited edition model , i might have to give the extra power of the toyota a miss and go for this with the list of extras it has. i will see how it drives.
Old 09 March 2009, 10:33 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by karl 25
Thanks for all the input guys, i booked a drive in the isuzu rodeo sport LE there is a fair list of extras on this limited edition model , i might have to give the extra power of the toyota a miss and go for this with the list of extras it has. i will see how it drives.
Looks nice.

http://www.automobilesreview.com/upl...o-le-sport.jpg

Last edited by G00ner; 09 March 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 11:01 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I bought a 58 plate L200 Raging Bull edition, i'm really impressed with it, might be worth test driving one