BMW .How much would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2008, 10:46 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW .How much would you pay?

Guys,

Can anyone suggest the value of this car? It looks pretty good condition wise etc. There is one or two marks on the paint but nothing a good buff won't see to.

03 Plate -
BMW 318ci
2 Litre
29k miles
6 disc cd auto changer
BMW Alloys
Cloth interior
Good Condition
FSH from BMW

Regards
Steve
Old 09 July 2008, 12:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a shock when I got a px price for my Saab of similar age and mileage of 5 grand, its a higher spec being an Aero and Saabs are cheaper anyway but prepare for a little bit of a shock when selling a petrol car, privately its probably 7 grands worth.
Old 09 July 2008, 12:13 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

£8k
Old 09 July 2008, 08:51 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the input guys.

Agreed around the 8200k sub 8k .

Will do my terry tibbs on the fella.

Cheers
Steve
Old 10 July 2008, 10:32 AM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I got a shock when I got a px price for my Saab of similar age and mileage of 5 grand, its a higher spec being an Aero and Saabs are cheaper anyway but prepare for a little bit of a shock when selling a petrol car, privately its probably 7 grands worth.
Off topic but picking up on your comment here, I recently chopped my 9-3 aero in with 28K, 53 plate, and got seven for it. Had bids of anything between 5.5 and have to say that 7 was the best, and that was against a car retailing at £9995.

Only had the Saab since December, just did not get on with it, but it was my first automatic, and although it had paddle shift things, I just did not like it.

Few dealers I spoke would not take anything in part ex with a petrol engine of more than 2 litres, irrespective of age or spec. Worth considering when you are shopping for a new car these days.
Old 10 July 2008, 12:21 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert Rosario
Off topic but picking up on your comment here, I recently chopped my 9-3 aero in with 28K, 53 plate, and got seven for it. Had bids of anything between 5.5 and have to say that 7 was the best, and that was against a car retailing at £9995.

Only had the Saab since December, just did not get on with it, but it was my first automatic, and although it had paddle shift things, I just did not like it.

Few dealers I spoke would not take anything in part ex with a petrol engine of more than 2 litres, irrespective of age or spec. Worth considering when you are shopping for a new car these days.
Mad isnt it, I quite like mine but I must say I prefffered my old 8 valve Golf GTI as a drivers car, the Saab is way way faster but a bit inert, they arent very characterful !

I would be very happy with seven grand but I fear that mine being a little higher on miles (49k) might drop it down,plus its a manual, dont know what difference that makes seeing as the Aero was more sporting model, I think dealers just want it for buttons and the current climate is extra justification but also another opportunity to fleece people.
Old 10 July 2008, 04:53 PM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

Inert is a good word for it. I liked it at first, total stealth, nobody driving up your backside, etc, but after a while I found myself looking at auto trader website every day and then the inevitable happened.

Not sure re change in manual/auto valuations, would have thought manual worth more perhaps? Not sure.

The dealer who bought mine told me a horror story of a bloke who financed a Range Rover Sport. 10K down, £490 a month and a £20K balloon payment who was having to pay to get out of the deal as he wanted to change it! Going to be more of that happening I guess.

Also, the bids for my Saab seem to be dependant on what I was looking at. Turbo Diesel stuff= lower bid.

Dealers are after all cars for buttons (but who can blame them) and although he gave me seven for mine, he has got it up for £7995, but it only really needed a wash and a hoover to be fair.

Trending Topics

Old 10 July 2008, 05:01 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Saab have historically had silly low risiduals though. Great 2nd hand buy (private), not so great to trade in though.
Old 10 July 2008, 05:07 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I am struggling to sell my Alfa diesel. Been on forsale a few months with a reasonable amount of interest, but no buyers and only a couple of hundred quid above glass's trade value.

Looks like we are perfect partners after all