Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

GTR vs RS4

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2008, 09:56 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTR vs RS4

Finally got a chance to compare the performance of my R33 GTR against my boss's RS4. On paper, I think he should have edged it (dyno'd at 375bhp against his claimed 414bhp) but it was actually pretty even.

We did a roll on from 40mph on a deserted dual carriageway in 2nd gear. I pulled away from him fairly well at the start but as I hit third he started coming back very strongly, we think mainly due to the shorter gearing of the Audi, I think once he went for 4th I'd have started to edge ahead again (my 3rd pulls to about 115mph) but due to being fairly sensible we didn't push the speed too much.

12 year old Datsun vs. Audi A4 with a V8? Too close to call
Old 11 April 2008, 11:37 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Finally got a chance to compare the performance of my R33 GTR against my boss's RS4. On paper, I think he should have edged it (dyno'd at 375bhp against his claimed 414bhp) but it was actually pretty even.

We did a roll on from 40mph on a deserted dual carriageway in 2nd gear. I pulled away from him fairly well at the start but as I hit third he started coming back very strongly, we think mainly due to the shorter gearing of the Audi, I think once he went for 4th I'd have started to edge ahead again (my 3rd pulls to about 115mph) but due to being fairly sensible we didn't push the speed too much.

12 year old Datsun vs. Audi A4 with a V8? Too close to call
You got it done then Dave

How's the old thing going? Still enjoying it by the sounds of it!
Old 12 April 2008, 09:50 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Hi Mike,

Still running on the standard (and slightly smoky) turbos. I let my heart rule my head and spent some of my tuning money on a set of RAYS wheels (too much money but they were totally worth it!).

I need to buy new MAFs, new cams, fuel pump, fuel reg and injectors then I'm ready to fit the new turbos that are currently sat in my garage. I'll probably add new downpipes and turbo elbows at the same time while it's in bits. That should see it to 500+

I'm trying to blog the thngs I do Hi-Rev Speed Shop It's dull but I figured someone might find it useful at some point

Last edited by NotoriousREV; 12 April 2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12 April 2008, 12:30 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Hi Mike,

Still running on the standard (and slightly smoky) turbos. I let my heart rule my head and spent some of my tuning money on a set of RAYS wheels (too much money but they were totally worth it!).

I need to buy new MAFs, new cams, fuel pump, fuel reg and injectors then I'm ready to fit the new turbos that are currently sat in my garage. I'll probably add new downpipes and turbo elbows at the same time while it's in bits. That should see it to 500+

I'm trying to blog the thngs I do Hi-Rev Speed Shop It's dull but I figured someone might find it useful at some point
Nice one Dave - good site you've set up there as I missed the Skyline "adventures". What do you reckon to the new F1s - they were highly rated in the tyre tests in EVO/Autocar?
Old 12 April 2008, 01:01 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I like them a lot. Previously had Avon ZZR's on the 17" rims and the grip levels are massively increased (although going 30mm up in tyre width helps with that, lol). There's a roundabout on my daily journey that I used to enjoy getting a bit sideways on, with the new tyres it doesn't even twitch.

Wait till you see the plans I've got for the Soarer. I'll just say the word "Vortech"