Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

ASTRA SPORTS HATCHES

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2007, 10:46 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink ASTRA SPORTS HATCHES

My wifes Puma is a bit on the small side now wee have a wee one so we were considering something bigger whilst still retaining that sporty image. We fancy the SRI with the Irmshcher body kit in black. Anyone got any experience with these/ opinions etc?
Old 01 November 2007, 11:58 PM
emac1ennan
Scooby Regular

Yes, sell them. If I could make one recommendation it would be go for the 5 door. Still a nice car with the xp kit and I know the 3 door looks a lot better but the blind spots on the 3dr are absolutely terrible. Rear windscreen minute and the doors are massive and heavy.

Other than that mate cracking cars. Would also recommend the 1.9cdti 150 engine, nice and responisive, torquey and a good bit of pace about it through all gears
Old 02 November 2007, 01:18 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by emac1ennan
Yes, sell them. If I could make one recommendation it would be go for the 5 door. Still a nice car with the xp kit and I know the 3 door looks a lot better but the blind spots on the 3dr are absolutely terrible. Rear windscreen minute and the doors are massive and heavy.

Other than that mate cracking cars. Would also recommend the 1.9cdti 150 engine, nice and responisive, torquey and a good bit of pace about it through all gears
the wifes puma already has crap visibility!!
Old 02 November 2007, 03:18 PM
Attu
Scooby Regular

I was looking at the 3 door SRi but getting my 4 year old in and out was a it hard so ended up going for the 5 door SRi with XP pack.
Cant really fault it to be honest, I had a Focus Zetec before and find the Astra much better built but maybe not so much fun to drive than the Focus.
The only thing that would put me off buying one (mine is through wife company) is the residuals especially buying new but then its the same for most cars in the class.
Forgot to say, check rear visibility, I struggle seeing out the back of the 5 door and have to tilt my head in some strange positions to see out of the rear view mirror and the 3 door is even worse.

Last edited by Attu; 02 November 2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 02 November 2007, 03:40 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I really liked the one I had (VXR). Interior dash takes some getting used to, but had leather, climate etc and was comfotable and not a bad place to be.

Loved the shape, handled really well, and was solid with all the nemrous airbags etc for safety.

Good car I recon.
Old 02 November 2007, 09:26 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

cheers buoys!!