Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Ferrari - Past, Present & Future, owners

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2001, 10:44 AM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright so how many of you have had a chance to drive, own, use on a track day etc?

And your comments.....
Old 29 December 2001, 11:34 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

my mate had a passenger ride in a 360 Moderna [sp?] round Castle Coombe. he said it was like nothing else he's ever known.
astraboy.
Old 29 December 2001, 12:01 PM
Andy Banks
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sold my typeR for one last year....'96 355. Very red in colour

Good points - obvious really: looks, speed, acceleration, ncredible handling, and that F1 noise - changing up through the gears gives the adrenalin rush I'd lost after 3 years of scoob ownership. Tunnels - windows down even better than a full scoobysport. Just fitted a Challenge exhaust, sounds even better....a friend has a Tubi that is very very bad. Instead of pretending to be Collin McRae it's M.Schumacher, the noise is very similar esp on overrun.

Tried on older 348 before taking the plunge but it seemed too inaccessible, no power steering, very heavy, and likely to go wrong.

Bad points - too much attention. Came back to the car the other week to find 4 chinese ladies surrounding the car taking pictures. Whatever to do in such situation

Also - beware of ferrari's cunning business plan. Get customers hooked on their cars, the only way out without loosing lots of $ is to trade up for a newer model. I can trade mine in for a 355 F1 for around 4000 quid loss after one year. Lost more by selling the scoob...But if I just want to get rid of it, I'd take a much bigger hit.

So far, no major problems....but always has that potential. Think the newer you can afford the better.

[Edited by Andy Banks - 12/29/2001 12:07:19 PM]
Old 29 December 2001, 08:05 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Have many stories so will post every now & again, don't want to bore everyone...LOL

Monzemole (apologies for spelling) President of ferrari, on taking over: Monze.. had a Ferrari 348 & called all the engineers together, he asked his engineers "what's with the 348?" (people may recall the battery was moved from the rear to over the front wheel to adjust weight). He's engineers advised it was "the baby red head "testarossa").

Laughing he replied "I have one, it is ****" and so the 348 ceased production & the ferrar 355 was borne.......
Old 02 January 2002, 09:43 AM
rs4mac
Scooby Newbie

Ferraris are fine until you require a major service with a timing belt change!!! ££££'s!!!
Old 02 January 2002, 02:47 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I had the use of a K reg blue Ferrari 348 for a week. Was great fun to pose about in and the noise was absolutely bloody glorious.

However, by the end of the week I was getting a bit too comfortable with it and was driving it to a kart race, already with race overalls on etc, and upon entering a very wide and very empty roundabout which I went in in 2nd gear, accelerated a bit and the nose started to run wide a little so I errr....booted it. The rear snapped out and I honestly thought I was going to die as I was now heading towards a wall and my efforts at turning into the slide didn't seem to make any change to the car at all - it just kept going and going. I kept my foot on the throttle and eventually I caught the slide properly only for the back of the car to snap back and continue tank slapping each way down the road before I finally had it back under control at about 4mph.

Treated it much more caution for the rest of the day.......

Marc
Old 03 January 2002, 08:27 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

As you can see most Ferraris are a bit tail happy especially in 550 with traction control off!!!

Talking of which another story...

Monemola showing a group of new potential customers around Fiorino race track, & he is interrupter by a rather red faced German. Huffing & puffing stating porsches' are far superior, all his life he has owned Porsches & fancied a change...

He stated his new 550 was a poor road handler & was a waste of money when he could almost buy 2 porsches for what he paid!!

Monzemole replied"I have someone here that will show you the true potential of this fine car!!"

Expecting cheif test driver Dario Benozzi to step in, it was in fact none other than.......................

Michael Schumacher!! Schuey took this gERMAN AROUND THE fIORINO TEST TRACK IN A STANDARD 550.... After 5 nauseating laps, the guy asking to get out Monemola goes over to ask how it all went...

The business man replied "I'll keep the Ferrari but could you get me some clean trousers as I've **** myself".....

The German then went on to book some Ferrari driving school lessons...
Old 03 January 2002, 10:01 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Harj must be getting his soon.......
Old 03 January 2002, 11:04 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Who's Harj?

What is he/she getting....

Have you seen the performance packages........WOW