Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Mazda 323 GTX 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2007, 07:41 PM
day tripper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda 323 GTX 4wd

Can someone tell me about the spec of these cars, what to watch out for when buying one etc

Does anyone own one?
Old 08 June 2007, 07:25 AM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

yes i looked into these b4 but there not that fast the gtx is a 1.8 turbo running 160bhp through 4 wd about 0-60mph in 8 sec so not that quick you could up the boost but i dont think the gearbox will last too long.

the 1.8gtr is the rally rep with vents in the bonnet and round fog lights in the front bumper it has a front mount intercooler a bigger turbo a stronger gearbox and different seats from the gtx. and 0-60mph i think is 7 sec and 210bhp theres hardly any of these and should consider carefully about buying one think about getting spares.

they are both known as familia gtx and gtr

theres also the toyota starlet turbo later called glanza turbo and you could consider the daihatsu charade turbo 100 bhp from a 1 litre 3 cyl turbo but huge tuning potential 170 bhp with standard engine and standalone aftermarket engine management and knocking on the door of 200 bhp with a race head free flowing exhaust and free flowing turbo downpipe.and know one recognises this car as theres hardly any about and has great powerto weight ratio as the only thing lighter than that is a citroen ax.and it was officialy sold through dealers here but make sure its minted cos they rust like anything.
Old 08 June 2007, 09:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Club 323F - The best Mazda 323f, Astina and Lantis site on the net

try here as well

My other half has a 323GTI

TBH i would not have another Mazda if you paid me, both been trouble and exepnsive to fix. Dealers are thick as Pigsh*t and could not fix noddy's car if the wheel fell off.
Old 09 June 2007, 09:20 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Thats not totally true about the GTti rust is not a huge problem but some of the earlier cars especially the silver ones seemed to rot badly. I have an Impreza too and a while back I hardly used it as the Charade was far more fun and sounded even better !

Heres a quick video of one going rounds Brands Hatch passing a few cars like M3s. The guy who owns this builds BMW M3s for a living ! Daihatsu Charade GTti on track at Brands Hatch - Google Video

If you need info have a look at UK GTti Owners Club or bbs.daihard.org
I run the owners club and have a road car and the ex works rally car.

The 323 GTr has a crap exahust system and its very restrictive and replacing this makes a colossal difference from speaking to a few ownerrs at different events over the years. Parts are not easy to come by though. Lovely cars !

AllanB