BMW Professional Sat Nav

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 12:28 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW Professional Sat Nav

Hi

I have a 1 Series with the prof sat nav but I am struggling to see how to get into any form of settings mode - is there any way to change the maps, the info displayed etc? The map view is very small with the direction arrow taking up half the screen.

The 2d is pretty poor compared to the 3d you get on the Audi's.

So far other than the voice activation, it seems a lot worse than my Octavia VRS.

Any ideas?

Cheers

(PS it's the latest model of the car if that makes any difference)
Old 29 May 2007, 04:00 PM
weasel_uk
Scooby Regular

Yes, you can have the map displayed in the main section, as perspective or north/vehicle oriented. At least on the 5 and 3. And show something else in the small side panel.

You'll find out how to do it in your manual surprisingly enough There is a separate booklet for it. You can even find it online in PDF format.

But, basically from memory, go to Navigation, then display/map - select the view you want. It will remember that setting so next time you go to Navigation it will show the map straight away. You can also use voice commands : "Navigation" then "Perspective" (or whatever, again look in your manual for commands).

D.

PS. To get to different sections - hold the i-Drive controller to either up, down, left or right for a few seconds. They are all colour coded for each section.

Originally Posted by CupraT
Hi

I have a 1 Series with the prof sat nav but I am struggling to see how to get into any form of settings mode - is there any way to change the maps, the info displayed etc? The map view is very small with the direction arrow taking up half the screen.

The 2d is pretty poor compared to the 3d you get on the Audi's.

So far other than the voice activation, it seems a lot worse than my Octavia VRS.

Any ideas?

Cheers

(PS it's the latest model of the car if that makes any difference)

Last edited by weasel_uk; 29 May 2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 29 May 2007, 04:13 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Thanks weasel_uk

Have read the manual (and had a play around). I-drive is easy to use but the Nav system seems pretty limited.

I can get a map up with perpective, north, vehicle OK - no 3d view which is pretty poor (though I was told this was possible). The map size here is full screen.

I can get the directions when using the navigation with the split screen (can get it to not show split screen) - this is the problem. The map on the split screen is really small (the arrow takes up half of the display!)