Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi still outselling MB and BMW in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2007, 05:39 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi still outselling MB and BMW in the UK

Following on from my other thread heres a update.

Back in January 07 Audi UK with 8,553 sales posted, exceeding the combined totals of its German premium rivals (8,291 cars)

And now for the month of march audi sold over 19,000 cars!!!!

3 months in a row that Mercedes and BMW are eating audi's dust for UK sales

Phenomenal

Audi UK has announced record-breaking first quarter sales figures that put the brand yet again in front of its German premium rivals in the first quarter of 2007.
Audi UK’s March sales rose by 19.8% to a record 19,242 sales, and this increase has contributed to a 16.6% improvement on the brand’s results for the first quarter taking it to a total 31,232 sales.

Audi News | Unprecedented first quarter sales success for Audi UK
Old 08 April 2007, 06:16 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Yep, Audis are becoming common as muck. Are you saying that's a good thing?
Old 08 April 2007, 06:16 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

So then Audi must be better as it out sells BMW and MB.

Just think how good those Fords must be.

Cheers
Lee
Old 08 April 2007, 06:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it they are including their fleet sales in there too? that doesnt really count if they are.

Tony
Old 08 April 2007, 06:22 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I take it they are including their fleet sales in there too? that doesnt really count if they are.

Tony
They probably include all the cars given away. Audi are famous for being the worst for giving their cars away, free of charge, to A, B and C list celebs to boost their cars' "image".

I still fail to see why Audilover (who has never owned/driven an Audi) sees the marque becoming common as muck as a good thing.
Old 08 April 2007, 07:29 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Could it be that he is a dick?
Old 08 April 2007, 07:38 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Could it be that he is a dick?

A question, and an answer, all in one short sentence

I can't see the point of his posts TBH, it's not like it's frontpage breaking news that Audi make good cars, is it?
Old 08 April 2007, 08:25 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

To show over all non audi drivers, that audi's are superior machines!
Old 08 April 2007, 09:16 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Skittles
Yep, Audis are becoming common as muck. Are you saying that's a good thing?
They do seem to the be the new wa**er cars !
Getting worse than BMW's for not signaling and generally crap driving, and I'm not talking old Audi's I'm talking the rep mobile TDI A4's and the like !

Richard
Old 08 April 2007, 10:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Fact is, though Audi has shown the greatest increase in sales from the previous year, Audi are still lag behind in global sales and revenue to BMW and Mercs. In 2006 for instance, sales for Audi worldwide totaled 902,100, Merc 1,260,600, but for the second consecutive year, BMW has shown that it is still the leading premium car manufacturer with 1,373,926 cars sold.

So if you are saying that Audi are more superior because they sell a lot of units, then think again.
Old 08 April 2007, 10:50 PM
Robin Mullan
Scooby Regular

Location: Aylesbury. Type-R V4, 2.2l 415BHP, 400LBS. Feels good!!! Now i really want more !!!

Originally Posted by jonc
Fact is, though Audi has shown the greatest increase in sales from the previous year, Audi are still lag behind in global sales and revenue to BMW and Mercs. In 2006 for instance, sales for Audi worldwide totaled 902,100, Merc 1,260,600, but for the second consecutive year, BMW has shown that it is still the leading premium car manufacturer with 1,373,926 cars sold.

So if you are saying that Audi are more superior because they sell a lot of units, then think again.
Fair comment, but 10 years ago what models did audi have compared to bmw and merc, absolutly f**k all, now look at where they are.
Old 09 April 2007, 12:15 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc

lol did you really think that I did not know of the global sales figures.

Partially why audi trial behind mercedes and BMW is because of lacklustre sales in the US. The yanks are thick you see, they have yet to grasp the concept that audi reigns supreme.

Audi will be number one soon enough. New A4 nearly here, A5 sales starting soon and new A8 and A7 on the way also.

Then theres still the Q5 and Audi A1 to come. Those two vehicles alone will guarantee another 200k per year sales for audi.

So whats your views on the new impreza? Do you think it has bright prospects?
Old 09 April 2007, 08:45 AM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
So if that is the case, why do you now own one of these superior dull machines?...

Please answer this Q as it seems slightly bizarre that you sing the praises of a brand that you have never owned....
Old 09 April 2007, 08:54 AM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

As above.
Old 09 April 2007, 10:27 AM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
So if that is the case, why do you now own one of these superior dull machines?...

Please answer this Q as it seems slightly bizarre that you sing the praises of a brand that you have never owned....
I've asked him/her this on several occasions and have never got a proper answer. Incidentally, he/she has never driven an Audi, let alone owned one.
Old 09 April 2007, 10:30 AM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

lol did you really think that I did not know of the global sales figures.
Well, YES. You don't really understand what you copy and paste (and its not all down to your lack of brain cells) so why should this be any different. Actually its quite amusing as the reason for your whole post was turned on its head. Makes you look quite silly.

Seeing as you get banned every couple of weeks I'd suggest you use your time doing some more research before you post.
Old 09 April 2007, 11:19 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

I've asked him/her this on several occasions and have never got a proper answer. Incidentally, he/she has never driven an Audi, let alone owned one.
Skittles just loves making things up about me
Old 09 April 2007, 11:20 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Well, YES. You don't really understand what you copy and paste (and its not all down to your lack of brain cells) so why should this be any different. Actually its quite amusing as the reason for your whole post was turned on its head. Makes you look quite silly.

Seeing as you get banned every couple of weeks I'd suggest you use your time doing some more research before you post.
It doesnt make me look silly because if you had noticed how I worded my posts you would have seen that I made sure to say that its for the UK only that audi are far outselling mb and BMW.

I live in the UK so care mostly about whats going in the UK
Old 09 April 2007, 11:36 AM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Still no response.

I still dont get him/her. Goes on about a make of car he does not own on a forum dedicated to a different make
Old 09 April 2007, 11:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

You really must get out more AL, not sure why these stats are important to or you feel that people in OM need to know...

Audi make some good looking and some great performing cars, so what so do many other companies, your almost sycophantic praise and need to c&p virtually all the good publicity you can is just a little odd.

Really, the sun is up in the sky, people are out about, go join in...
Old 09 April 2007, 12:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by haroldhettaturbo
Still no response.

I still dont get him/her. Goes on about a make of car he does not own on a forum dedicated to a different make
The reason why I dont own an audi is because I would spend thousands each month on petrol money. Whenever im in an audi I just cant stop driving the thing. They are that great!
Old 09 April 2007, 12:57 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

The reason why I dont own an audi is because I would spend thousands each month on petrol money. Whenever im in an audi I just cant stop driving the thing. They are that great!
Why is that then? Do Audi not make perhaps some of the most frugal diesel engines?

So, in a nutshell, the reason you don't own an Audi is because you can't afford one.
Old 09 April 2007, 01:10 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Why is that then? Do Audi not make perhaps some of the most frugal diesel engines?

So, in a nutshell, the reason you don't own an Audi is because you can't afford one.
I own a mercedes e-class. I think I could be able to afford an equivelant audi dont you

I just wouldnt be able to afford all the fuel I would spend on the audi as I would be driving it 24/7 and stop going to work.

Driving an audi is addictive. It gets you hooked like a drug.
Old 09 April 2007, 01:15 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

I own a mercedes e-class. I think I could be able to afford an equivelant audi dont you

I just wouldnt be able to afford all the fuel I would spend on the audi as I would be driving it 24/7 and stop going to work.

You are hilarious!! You drive an E class, but fear you would spend thousands in fuel driving an Audi becuase they are so dull to drive!!! This makes no sense at all, you drive an inferior thirsty car to avoid driving a superior more frugal yet dull car right?
Old 09 April 2007, 01:16 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

And if an Audi would stop you going to 'work' you clearly have the mindset of a teenager!!
Old 09 April 2007, 01:20 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

And if an Audi would stop you going to 'work' you clearly have the mindset of a teenager!!
No my son. I am the big boss, so I can not go to work if I dont want to as there is no one above me.I do as I like. However if I stay away long enough my business could very well fall to pieces.
Old 09 April 2007, 01:42 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

No my son. I am the big boss, so I can not go to work if I dont want to as there is no one above me.I do as I like. However if I stay away long enough my business could very well fall to pieces.
Do you mean your clients will find other lady-boys?
Old 09 April 2007, 01:48 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Two facts:

1. They sell for £2k upwards. Hardly an astronomical outlay for a car.
2. Its not your's but your fathers. Being allowed to drive the car in and out of the garage (under supervision) hardly means its your car
3. If you are trying to show all of us how well-heeled you are perhaps you would have more impact if you told us about your Transit van. First off its worth more than your dad's Merc and second, you actually own it (so you say).

Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha.

There is nothing I can add to make you look more stupid than you already have.

Last edited by Skittles; 09 April 2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09 April 2007, 02:24 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Two facts:

1. They sell for £2k upwards. Hardly an astronomical outlay for a car.
2. Its not your's but your fathers. Being allowed to drive the car in and out of the garage (under supervision) hardly means its your car
3. If you are trying to show all of us how well-heeled you are perhaps you would have more impact if you told us about your Transit van. First off its worth more than your dad's Merc and second, you actually own it (so you say).

Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha.

There is nothing I can add to make you look more stupid than you already have.

yes skittles, my young aged mercedes is only worth 2k.

what car do you drive again?
Old 09 April 2007, 02:29 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

yes skittles, my young aged mercedes is only worth 2k.

what car do you drive again?
Try and guess... you have asked me this twice in the past and I have answered both times.

Quick Reply: Audi still outselling MB and BMW in the UK