Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

New WRX or New CTR or........

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2007, 07:32 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New WRX or New CTR or........

New car time is upon me and I just can't make my mind up I have got it down to 3 motors

New WRX
New Honda CTR GT
New Nissan X-Trail Aventura 2.2DCi

My head hurts already and I have not driven the 2.5L WRX yet

Thoughts so far......

Honda is a great drive and feels very well planted. It should be reasonable on fuel if driven 'normally' but the cabin felt a bit cramped and I did not like the position of the speed readout (although the tachometer is superb). To have any fun at all you have to be doing over 6K revs and I don't know if that's a good thing.

Nissan has everything I want - Leather, climate, DVD Sat-Nav and lots of space that will be great for summer holidays to France as well as airport runs and trips to B&Q.

Test driving WRX tomorrow

T
Old 02 April 2007, 07:45 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Probably best to decide what type of car you want first!
Do you want a four wheel drive soft roader or a performance based vehicle for starters!
Old 02 April 2007, 08:43 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

there's something about the new ctr, I seen my first one parked up the other day and had to stop to take a look, I dont usually stop and look at cars (honest) it looked very funky indeed, allthough the standard wheels looked boring and tiny, they didnt fill the arches very well, but the rest of the car looked very fresh and stylish
Old 02 April 2007, 10:48 PM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

Don't by the Nissan X-Trail turbo diesel as they are prone to turbo failure. I was considering buying one so did some research on the net. Turbo failure kept on cropping up. One guy was on his third. (the original and two replacements)

Geoff.
Old 04 April 2007, 07:30 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

New WRX was a nice drive, but as the budget won't stretch to the STi PPP that I had last time I decided against it as I would never be happy with it just for that reason.

So, I ordered the X-Trail. As its new and I will only keep it a couple of years the warranty will cover any major issues.

T
Old 05 April 2007, 02:10 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by tonybooth
New WRX was a nice drive, but as the budget won't stretch to the STi PPP that I had last time I decided against it as I would never be happy with it just for that reason.

So, I ordered the X-Trail. As its new and I will only keep it a couple of years the warranty will cover any major issues.

T

i will give that 6 months its not gonna be like the 2 other cars you mention i went for a range rover sport but still hanker over the odd scoob on here, but love the rr (just incase the wife reads this)