Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

F.A.O RS6 owners on here. mtm upgrade tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 08:29 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool F.A.O RS6 owners on here. mtm upgrade tomorrow!

i know theres a few rs6 owners here, and im havin a job logging onto rs246.com , so if anyones interested in upgrading their RS6's, im off to kim collins qst in the morning for the stage one mtm upgrade and milltek exhaust.i'll give my verdict on it tomorrow! 690nm of torque, should be fun!!
Old 26 March 2007, 08:34 PM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Holy moley - the RS6 is a torquey beast in standard form! You'll be tearing up the tarmac when you take off at the traffic lights now.

I'd be interested to know how different it feels - I had a RS6 and toyed with the idea of the stage 1 but bottled out in the end.
Old 26 March 2007, 09:28 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Guy in my street has a RS6, great looking beast! 53 Reg I think

Do let us know how you get on as it sounds mental

TX.
Old 26 March 2007, 09:38 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Hey, is that the former Spudgun GTR? Where you been?
Old 27 March 2007, 07:11 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

former spudgun/baron von spudgun/spudgun gtr etc etc. yeah its me mate, ive been busy . seems you have been busy too, buying m5's! blimey, youve got flash!

anyway, as promised, my first impression, how it all went etc etc..

-qst not how i imagined it would be, but was ok i guess.

-took about 4 hours to do everything, this was to fit catback milltek exhaust and for mapping ecu. spent 4 hours walking around haywards heath killing time, dull dull dull place.

- now the good bit .....

- car goes like the fekkin clappers. the way it piles on speed is silly. i mean seriously, it was never slow, but you had better have something serious to take this car on now.
gear box was reprogrammed too, changes are smooth, feels just as nice as before. sweet.

- the exhaust..... bl00dy lovely ! sounds so much better,much more nascar now,yet is not a headache inducer like say a zigen exhaust on an evo. worth every penny.

-was 450bhp and 413lbs/ft torque. now has figures of 500bhp and 720nm of torque (540 lbs/ft i think they said).

-ecu upgrade was £1800 inc vat and labour, exhaust about £1100 inc labour and vat.

worth it? considering i spent nearly 20k once getting a skyline to 550bhp but only 400lbs torque, frankly i think its a bargain.
my RS6 cost 35k, had a years warranty from audi, fully loaded, and is a lovely place to be. and not as bad to drive as people would have you believe, by far the best allround car ive ever owned.and now its mental quick, but understated in appearance.

i love it, and im well chuffed
Old 27 March 2007, 07:37 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpudgunRS6
former spudgun/baron von spudgun/spudgun gtr etc etc. yeah its me mate, ive been busy . seems you have been busy too, buying m5's! blimey, youve got flash!

anyway, as promised, my first impression, how it all went etc etc..

-qst not how i imagined it would be, but was ok i guess.

-took about 4 hours to do everything, this was to fit catback milltek exhaust and for mapping ecu. spent 4 hours walking around haywards heath killing time, dull dull dull place.

- now the good bit .....

- car goes like the fekkin clappers. the way it piles on speed is silly. i mean seriously, it was never slow, but you had better have something serious to take this car on now.
gear box was reprogrammed too, changes are smooth, feels just as nice as before. sweet.

- the exhaust..... bl00dy lovely ! sounds so much better,much more nascar now,yet is not a headache inducer like say a zigen exhaust on an evo. worth every penny.

-was 450bhp and 413lbs/ft torque. now has figures of 500bhp and 720nm of torque (540 lbs/ft i think they said).

-ecu upgrade was £1800 inc vat and labour, exhaust about £1100 inc labour and vat.

worth it? considering i spent nearly 20k once getting a skyline to 550bhp but only 400lbs torque, frankly i think its a bargain.
my RS6 cost 35k, had a years warranty from audi, fully loaded, and is a lovely place to be. and not as bad to drive as people would have you believe, by far the best allround car ive ever owned.and now its mental quick, but understated in appearance.

i love it, and im well chuffed

Hiya mate,

Not got flash, just old

Sounds like a good mod for the money. Now you're only 7BHP shy of a M5....

Only joking, I know its got a bucket more torque!
Old 30 March 2007, 09:06 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

i dont blame you for m5, its a cool car mate. i remember my e46 m3 was a pain in the wet for getting traction though, was also twitchy in anything other than bone dry roads. how do you find the m5?