Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Honda Civic Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2006, 07:05 PM
treehack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic Type-S

I thought i'd made my mind up about getting a ST TDCI until today.Went into Honda earlier to look at Accord's.Didn't even make it to them.The new 3 door Civic is a bit of a looker to say the least.So i'm now leaning toward's a 2.2 GT diesel.
Anyone got any experiance with this engine in the 5 door.On paper look's fairly impressive.Wipe's the floor with a similar Golf(according to the Honda brochure)
Also got a test in a Astra Sporthatch tomorrow(1.9 cdti SRI) don't know what to expect from this at all.Another good looking car tho'.
Really need to sell the Scoob now.
Old 02 December 2006, 09:37 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a new CDTI EX a couple of months ago. Truly excellent car. The standard DVD Sat Nav is brilliant, no squeaks or rattles, every toy you can think of and 65mpg on my leisurely 60mph cruise to work. I bought the optional dust and grime protection, whose name escapes me, but it is well worth a few hundred quid as it is really easy to clean and the dash stays dust free. With this car I can assure you it is worth the money. Mine is running on 18 inch wheels which look great and ride very nicely. One word of warning, this car does not return good fuel economy if you thrash it. I know this is true of every car, but from what people have said on this forum the VW lump is far less thirsty when pressing on. However, a Golf with the same specification will cost you thousands more to buy in the first place. Buy your Honda with confidence. Oh, and the stereo upgrade sounds terrific. It's not cheap, but if you are spending loads of time on the motorway you will appreciate it.