Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

CarreraS-M3-350z..?

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2006, 09:53 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CarreraS-M3-350z..?

Just wondered how these cars compare in real world performance..?

May initially sound a strange comparison and I know the headline power figures are quite different, but they're 3.2 - 3.5ltr with similar weight and RWD..

J..
Old 21 November 2006, 09:36 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
Just wondered how these cars compare in real world performance..?

May initially sound a strange comparison and I know the headline power figures are quite different, but they're 3.2 - 3.5ltr with similar weight and RWD..

J..
I own a 350Z at the moment and have raced M3's and CarreraS, Neither are much quicker, I guess they pull 2-4 car lengths over 1 kilometer if you are coming off a second gear roundabout. I raced a 911 Turbo over the same distance!! Thought I'd left the handbrake on.

To put in in perspective, if you go on a road trip with friends who have these cars you will not notice any performance gap between them in the real world.

Having driven an M3 but not a Porsche, I still rather have either of them (Porsche with the aeropack). But for the money the 350Z is an awesome car.
Old 22 November 2006, 09:23 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I think the Porsche would be the tool to use out of that lot. I know you talk of real world, so here are some irrelivant figures = 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and 186 mph V-MAX. The 3.8 produces 355hp but has to carry 1500kg's.

When Top Gear tested it v's the M6 and AM V8 Vantage it was the quickest over 3 miles or something, boxing well over it's power to weight.