Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

FAO: 4x4/SUV bashers [you'll love this!!]

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2006, 03:09 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool FAO: 4x4/SUV bashers [you'll love this!!]

I have just been into Sheffield city centre and spotted this stuck to the windscreen of a Isuzu Trooper:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6464/img010gr6.jpg

The car park was littered with such cars, all wearing these flyers - it's a conspiracy I am sure

Last edited by Andy M3; 27 October 2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 27 October 2006, 03:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Bunch of sad B@stards.
Old 27 October 2006, 04:07 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Well if you think that is funny you really have no business belonging to a forum that celebrates performance cars.

Let's face it the people perpetrating these childish acts are just pathetic little people who have nothing better to do. The biggest travesty is that they are allowed to live thereby producing even more carbon dioxide.
Old 27 October 2006, 04:10 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Those sad Bastards go in the same catagory as BarryBoys.

Sad people with nothing better to do with their time,plus most of em ain't got **** themselves.
Old 27 October 2006, 04:21 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Wonder if they took the time to make sure they were using re-cycled paper to print their cr@p on. Otherwise they are killing the Planet too.
Old 27 October 2006, 04:28 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Wonder if they took the time to make sure they were using re-cycled paper to print their cr@p on. Otherwise they are killing the Planet too.
I buy print as part of my business, the process of recycling paper [mainly the bleaching process] take more energy than manufacturing the stuff!

Trending Topics

Old 27 October 2006, 04:38 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Strange isn't it there are a number of people of Scoobynet that knock these cars... and probably mine as well.

I have a Forester which would be targetted in the same fashion, despite it being an Imperza with a bigger body. It will be 4x4/SUV type vehicles now, but when those are all priced out by councils and congestion "taxes", what sort of cars will be next?

I heard a news report on the radio about Richmond council who were going to charge more for parking permits for 4x4's, but the reports suggested it was because they were "gas guzzlers", then it was because they were "4x4" and then an hour later because they were "big cars"

I suggest there are many cars less economical compared to many SUV type cars, there are many cars that are 4 wheel drive without a boxy shell, there are many cars that are big, but not necessarily uneconomical or 4 wheel drive.

Does it matter whether I live in the country or not? Does it matter how often I fill up? Does it matter I do less damage to the environment compared to some cars? Does it matter I do more damage to the environment than other cars?

Basically I'll drive what I want until they are banned by the govenment, but I will not let a bunch of tree huggers who have nothing better to do, to tell me what I should or shouldn't drive.
Old 27 October 2006, 04:48 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
Basically I'll drive what I want until they are banned by the govenment, but I will not let a bunch of tree huggers who have nothing better to do, to tell me what I should or shouldn't drive.
Most aren't tree huggers, they are just using that argument because it suits them. They are really sad individuals that are jealous/frustrated/unhappy with their own lives and feel the need to upset others.
Old 27 October 2006, 05:28 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

bollix to that, I'd love a range rover 4.6HSE.

Bombing down the motorway in that or a smart car? hmmm....
Old 27 October 2006, 05:47 PM
AudiHater
Scooby Regular

As I have the huggers address anyone up for a 4x4 meet in North London outside the chaps house ?
Old 27 October 2006, 05:56 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Well if you think that is funny you really have no business belonging to a forum that celebrates performance cars.

Let's face it the people perpetrating these childish acts are just pathetic little people who have nothing better to do. The biggest travesty is that they are allowed to live thereby producing even more carbon dioxide.

SUV's are performance cars now?

Does it matter whether I live in the country or not? Does it matter how often I fill up? Does it matter I do less damage to the environment compared to some cars? Does it matter I do more damage to the environment than other cars?
Use your common sense you ****. Do you have your central heating system on and windows open 24/7, cause that would probably waste less engery than you driving about in a 3 ton vehichle than can perform tasks you do not require.

SUV drivers are just as thick headed ****s as those people that believe in a god.

Atleast if you admit to liking the SUV because you think it looks cool people wont be anywher near as much on your case, but most SUV drivers do genuinely belive they need a 4x4.

Last edited by AudiLover; 27 October 2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 27 October 2006, 06:45 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a leaflet put on under my wipers a year or so ago at a DIY shop car park. To the uninitiated a Forester is shorter and narrower than a Mondeo wagon, though it is a tad taller. I ripped the note up and threw it on the ground.
Old 27 October 2006, 07:17 PM
DesR
Scooby Regular

Hi

I don't like 4x4's at all but with the recent addition of some lovely speed bumps all the way along my road, they suddenly seem much more useful.

Cheers
Old 27 October 2006, 07:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DesR
Hi

I don't like 4x4's at all but with the recent addition of some lovely speed bumps all the way along my road, they suddenly seem much more useful.

Cheers

why? cant cars go over speed bumps?
Old 27 October 2006, 08:34 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover

Use your common sense you ****. Do you have your central heating system on and windows open 24/7, cause that would probably waste less engery than you driving about in a 3 ton vehichle than can perform tasks you do not require.

SUV drivers are just as thick headed ****s as those people that believe in a god.

Atleast if you admit to liking the SUV because you think it looks cool people wont be anywher near as much on your case, but most SUV drivers do genuinely belive they need a 4x4.
Hi Mate, be careful what you say, I don't like SUVs for probably the same reasons you don't and it really frustrates me when people say, 'oh we have our first kid on the way, therefore we need something one size down from an artic lorry so that he/she is safe'

But think about it, if the tree huggers get there way with SUVs then they will quickly turn their attention to all the cars that go over 70mph after all what's the point in going over 70mph as that is the national speed limit.

In summary I will support the 'for SUV' movement even though I would never own one, 'cos it will be me who is next....
Old 27 October 2006, 08:47 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Fair point Varboy.

Going back to the leaflet itself, I couldn't help noticing it says that SUV's are less safe than a std car in accidents....involving cyclists !!

I'm aware 4x4's have an inclination to roll over onto their backs like a puppy, but, that aside, I ride a bike and wouldn't fancy my chances against a 4x4 !!
Old 27 October 2006, 11:45 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Are you really that stupid? Oh hang on, you blindly love Audis and their pathetic handling and ride.

It's about CO2 emissions (in fact the RS6 would is higher than all X5's)
Old 27 October 2006, 11:51 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Are you really that stupid? Oh hang on, you blindly love Audis and their pathetic handling and ride.

It's about CO2 emissions (in fact the RS6 would is higher than all X5's)
and the RS6 is about twice as fast.

Put a smaller engine in a A6 than a X5 and not only will you get same performance but less CO2 emissions and less gas guzzling, fookin moron.
Old 28 October 2006, 12:00 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

and the RS6 is about twice as fast.

Put a smaller engine in a A6 than a X5 and not only will you get same performance but less CO2 emissions and less gas guzzling, fookin moron.
You are still missing the point, you can't be against 4x4s based on CO2 emissions unless you are prepared to be against performance cars like Porsche, Subaru, Evos and the bigger engined cars such as A6s, A8, 5 and 7 series BMW etc.
Old 28 October 2006, 12:18 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Yes I can. Want to know why?

SUVs are designed to tow **** and go offroad in ****.

According to the statiistics above 95% of the owners never use theirs offroad, therefore making ownership of that vehicle pointless and wasteful when a car can do everything they require whilst consuming less energy.

With perfoamnce cars they are built to be driven fast and put a smile on peoples faces. 95% of performance cars do get driven hard, tehrefore serving their purpose and me not having any querals with the owners.
Old 28 October 2006, 12:18 AM
DesR
Scooby Regular

why? cant cars go over speed bumps?
Are you trying to suggest your car has the same bump handling characteristics as a 4x4?
Old 28 October 2006, 12:21 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DesR
Are you trying to suggest your car has the same bump handling characteristics as a 4x4?
My car has to be good at handling to go over a speed bump? I thought cars handled better than suv's? Am I mistaken?

SUV or not your still gonna have to slow down for these speed bumps, even though a SUV would make them feel alot more insignificant. Actually thats a lie, I was driving a CLK 55 AMG the other day and that car sped over them as if they didnt exist. That merc drove like it floated on air whilst having no body roll. Amazing machine
Old 28 October 2006, 12:25 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Doesn't matter whether it's a gas guzzler cos its fast (fun), or a gas guzzler cos its a farmer's car used for the school run. The Govt will still have a go at making it just too plain costly for the average bloke to run one !
Old 28 October 2006, 12:38 AM
DesR
Scooby Regular

SUV or not your still gonna have to slow down for these speed bumps, even though a SUV would make them feel alot more insignificant. Actually thats a lie, I was driving a CLK 55 AMG the other day and that car sped over them as if they didnt exist. That merc drove like it floated on air whilst having no body roll. Amazing machine
So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
Old 28 October 2006, 12:38 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Doesn't matter whether it's a gas guzzler cos its fast (fun), or a gas guzzler cos its a farmer's car used for the school run. The Govt will still have a go at making it just too plain costly for the average bloke to run one !
to pay for all the immigrants, ponces and lazy scottish
Old 28 October 2006, 11:29 AM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
Hi Mate, be careful what you say, I don't like SUVs for probably the same reasons you don't and it really frustrates me when people say, 'oh we have our first kid on the way, therefore we need something one size down from an artic lorry so that he/she is safe'
And thats a mistake on their part, they are sold advertising rather than the facts.

Mile for mile you are more likely to have an accicdent in a 4X4 than a family saloon car.

and

Mile for mile your are more likely to be injured in a 4X4 than a family saloon car.

Cheers
Lee
Old 28 October 2006, 12:20 PM
AudiHater
Scooby Regular

The original concept is the fact 4x4's are not fuel efficient. The fact that an X5 3.0D (The most common sold and the one the car that gets the worst press) has a higher MPG and a lower CO2 than than a standard Impreza let alone the STI shows that if the greenies target as they should emmisions and fuel economy the Impreza is in actual fact less green than an X5.

Don't understand why so many on this board are so anti 4x4 when most people on here drive cars that are just as bad or worse in most cases.
Old 28 October 2006, 01:16 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

to pay for all the immigrants, ponces and lazy scottish
One reputation the Scots do have is not being afraid of hard work !

Quick Reply: FAO: 4x4/SUV bashers [you'll love this!!]