Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Toyota Celsior/Lexus LS400

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2006, 07:04 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Celsior/Lexus LS400

Anybody know lots about the above. Been looking at a few recently, but want to get some alternative views on them. Seen a mint import 1994 Celsior, with air suspension which is very tempting but I'm struggling to find information on them. I've already googled etc to little effect, so I throw it open the scoobynet data banks.
Old 22 October 2006, 07:14 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

yea there good cars! air suspension can be a problem as I found but there nice cruising cars, not very good at taking corners the suspension is abit soft. But mines got a special box which allows you to adjust the ride hight and stiffness of it, cam with it on from Japan as it was once owned by a toyota racing team.

celsiors seem to have alot more on them like all the buttons on and in the rear arm rest. the LCD screen on the dash for the clock and heater temp sometimes go funny and are difficult to fix. its a very over complicated car that isnt to easy to work on, very well engineered!
Old 23 October 2006, 10:02 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

They featured one on 'Wheeler Dealers' recently. IIRC, you can buy a replacement LCD screen from some guy in the states for not too much.
Old 23 October 2006, 10:16 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GazJenno
the LCD screen on the dash for the clock and heater temp sometimes go funny and are difficult to fix. its a very over complicated car that isnt to easy to work on, very well engineered!
That was the only thing wrong with my old LS400 but I never got round to fixing it. You can get them repaired by a guy over here quite cheaply apparently.