Seat Ibiza Sport DAB ltd edition

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2006, 12:44 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Ibiza Sport DAB ltd edition

Hey all,

I am posting on behalf of my little sister here.

She recently purchased a brand new 56 plate Ibiza Sport 1.4l ltd edition and has found out that her rear speakers are not working.

She was told by the main dealer that the DAB edition does not come with rear speakers at all??

However in the spec guide it clearly states that the car has 6-speakers.From what I can see it will be the two in the doors.....two tweeters and then the rears?

Does anyone know of a family memeber or a friend that has also bought a DAB version with the same problem?

Cheers
Steve
Old 08 October 2006, 10:20 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Try Seatcupra.net - they may know on there.

Sounds bo11ocks to me though!
Old 08 October 2006, 10:41 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Don't know if you will be able to see this, you may need to register first (the site is a bit **** like that )

http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=63686

Just did a quick search on the site and came up with that. If you can't see it, it (very summarised!) says the same as you. The DAB model only has support for 4 speakers, the dash ones are wired as front, with the front door ones being wired as rear. Seat say that's the way it is, people have mailed them and Blaupunkt (assume that they have the headunit in it then?), and had no joy, tough they say!

Seems a bit crazy to have a car sold on it's music side have less speakers than the rest of range

Does the car have the speakers fitted but not wired, or are they missing totally?
Old 09 October 2006, 01:25 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info Nido mate. I will let my sister know as she needs to post on there. My eldest sister needs to sign up too as she has a 55 reg LCR.

My sister with the DAB has wrote a very good email to the sales team at the dealers and his manager. He said he is waiting to hear back from SEAT management? Seems there is a c*ck up as they stated 6 speakers and only four are in use. Maybe some joy will come of it not just for my sister but for other DAB owners. Thanks again for the link.

CupraT, well put my friend. Just what I thought at the time I was told.

Steve
Old 09 October 2006, 01:07 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Could you let us know how she gets on.

A workmate has just bought the DAB edition for his wife and they have the same issue.

Cheers
Lee
Old 11 October 2006, 12:30 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Logiclee , my sister signed up to SEAT Car Club - Welcome (thanks again Nido) . It is causing a storm with fellow DAB owners. She is user name LOU LOU (I think?).

As for m sister, she wrote a very well put email to the manager of the dealers she bought her car from and after a couple of days that came back to her with the following answer.

(for legal and SN reasons I will not put the full script of the email but the outcome) They will connect the rear speakers up for her as it DID state that the car is sold with 6 audio speakers. They are getting a independent ICE fitting in to carry out the work. This is going to be done next week I think?

I'd suggest that your workmate gets in contact with the dealer they got the car from mate and bring it to the attention. At the end of the day the called was really sold under false pretences.

Steve