Thinking of buy an MG ZT-T

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2006, 09:23 AM
GG-33
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buy an MG ZT-T

That was meant to say Thinking of buying an MG ZT-T

Need a new (used) car for occaisional commute - 18 miles to the office and the odd business trip up north. Probably no more than 15000/annum

Trying to decide between an MG ZT-T and a Wagon. Ive owned an STi (IV) in the past so I know what I'm in for, but wondered if anyone has any experience or thoughts on the ZT-T option?

Cheers

GG
Old 19 September 2006, 11:08 AM
John57
Scooby Regular

I've got a MY05 WRX PPP'd Wagon and my brother in law has got an MG ZT-T.

Either will be fine.... but the MG will be a better motorway car. It is quieter and the inside is more like BMW quality than Rover. I was really impressed with the build quality. I think the only issue he has had was a rattle behind the passengers airbag which is - apparently - a common problem. Other than that he thinks it is great.

The engine is really smooth with a nice subdued V6 noise. Petrol consumption is pretty bad, but then so would the Scooby be.

It is not small but drives quite easily for its size.

Handling is more Vauxhall Omega than Scooby and though it is a nice car to get about in it is certainly no Impreza.

Performance wise compared to a Scooby it is nothing but is adequate nonetheless and 8 'ish to 60. Linear and progressive as opposed to quick. Don't get me wrong, it is not disappointing - just probably what one would expect from an adequately engined car of this size.

Standard Scooby suspension is quite soft and nothing like an STi. For motorways it is very quiet and quite, by Subaru standards, refined. I have no problem using our Scooby anywhere.

If I was looking I would buy the Scooby - but I would say that on here ! The Rover is nice for what it is but I would actually make my mind up depending on the amount of space you need and the amount of Motorway travelling you plan to do. The Scooby should be more reliable but will cost more to insure.

Just my views FWIW.
Old 19 September 2006, 11:12 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

If you do a search there was a thread about the ZTT a few weeks ago.
I got one at the beginning of this year as I have a very large dog and need the estate. My previous car was a BMW 328 tourer and find the MG just as good(with the exception of the power obviously). Finish is good inside, handles well on its 18" rims and is great on long journeys. Reason I bought it was the price was so low compared to other similar estates(at least 4k cheaper) and so far has been worth every penny.