Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan GTI-R Pulsar - possibly better than any scooby / Evo... hmmm

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2006, 10:43 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nissan GTI-R Pulsar - possibly better than any scooby / Evo... hmmm

Yes, must be one of the finest 4x4 JDM cars ever... and to locate a goodun too.... whats the chances...

Go here.. https://www.scoobynet.com/nissan-pul...i-t539734.html

Admins: sorry for my blatant attempt at spam....
Old 30 August 2006, 12:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw one of these running at Oulton park, it was ballistic, completely nailed everything, until the clutch went !
Old 30 August 2006, 04:09 PM
nisr227
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To start a thread name like that and then link to a selling ad means your asking for trouble.

In standard form they can and should only be be compared to cars that came out 16 years ago (1990) i.e evo 1 (in fact that came out in 92 didn't it?) and the very first jdm scoob.

Technology always moves on, both the scoob and evo have evolved 100's of times, the pulsar was sold for a few years (and only wrc rallyed 1 year) and then dropped my Nissan, their loss becuase it had so much potential as a road car, and a rally car with time improvements, but never got changed/deveoped.

Hence why people modify them now, change the brakes, wheels/tyres, boost, suspension etc correctly and setup well and they can be very quick raw cars with really good feedback compared to expensive modern machinery. But poor setup, wrong fuel , too much boost etc, and your asking for trouble, and there's a lot around that are looking old and poorly setup now, bit like Cossie's I surpose. Come across a well tuned and improved one and you'll know about it.

Last edited by nisr227; 30 August 2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 30 August 2006, 04:29 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nisr227
To start a thread name like that and then link to a selling ad means your asking for trouble.

In standard form they can and should only be be compared to cars that came out 16 years ago (1990) i.e evo 1 (in fact that came out in 92 didn't it?) and the very first jdm scoob.

Technology always moves on, both the scoob and evo have evolved 100's of times, the pulsar was sold for a few years (and only wrc rallyed 1 year) and then dropped my Nissan, their loss becuase it had so much potential as a road car, and a rally car with time improvements, but never got changed/deveoped.

Hence why people modify them now, change the brakes, wheels/tyres, boost, suspension etc correctly and setup well and they can be very quick raw cars with really good feedback compared to expensive modern machinery. But poor setup, wrong fuel , too much boost etc, and your asking for trouble, and there's a lot around that are looking old and poorly setup now, bit like Cossie's I surpose. Come across a well tuned and improved one and you'll know about it.
Your Bro's blue one was very nice

I'm always considering flogging my scoob and getting a cheap runabout and a nice R for summer/dry days etc.
Old 31 August 2006, 03:31 PM
nisr227
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edd, hello mate, I was in Pembs last week, yeah my Bro's R did look nice, and went OK in the end (360+bhp) but it cost him a fortune to get it how he wanted, it had problems with it from day one. He's just sold his white modified Evo5 (350-380) which his misses just didn't ever like, and is now looking to buy a more practical and standard Sti5 Wagon so he can chuck the kids stuff in the back.

Thats Gti-R's for you, not really everyday cars if they are modified. The Gti-R modifiers club are hoping to have loads on display this year at the Japshow in October, check them out, we are look at over 50+, nod bad for a faily rare old car.