Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Scoob going for 4x4 but which? HELP!?

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2006, 08:45 AM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Scoob going for 4x4 but which? HELP!?

Had the scoob for 3.5yrs - time to go as I never drive it (only 9k miles from new!)

I have 5 dogs so the mrs and I have come to the conclusion that we should swap her runaround and the scoob for a large 4x4.

Problem is which one?? Shortlisted the Nissan Pathfinder - not enough nearly news so may have to stretch to a new un. The Mitsubishi Shogun LWB DI-D. I prefer the interior of the Shogun (in Elegance trim) to the Pathfinder, although the PF has an awesome loadbay with the rear seats folding into the floor making it perfectly flat. The PF has a smaller diesel engine yet produces more power than the Shogun. My perception from what I've seen is that the Mitsi somehow looks/feels a bit more rugged/well finished on the exterior but I may be getting that idea because the PF has very flat sides with no door/arch protection skins/bulges etc.

Anyone advise on these or suggest something I've missed? Jeeps seem ok but the boots aren't as good and I suspect may not be as well made as the Japs?

Thanks
Old 20 August 2006, 10:40 AM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

I like the look of the all new model Hyundai Santa Fe deisel which comes with a 5 year warranty. The only thing that worries me though is, will it depreciate in value quickly. I went into the What Car magazine online site and read the owners reviews and they seem to like it.

Geoff.
Old 20 August 2006, 02:08 PM
mg driver
Scooby Regular

ive had 3 new shoguns over the last umpteen years ,not one of them has ever broken down.....or even had a problem come to that,100% total reliability ,hold there value well too.
Old 20 August 2006, 02:32 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

lol a sante fe aint got enough space for enough dogs, if thatw as the case he might aswell just get some german estate.
Old 20 August 2006, 05:15 PM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks for the replies,

I also heard about the Santa Fe - liked it for the same reasons i.e. good reviews, decent looking and strong warranty.

Not had a chance to find a dealer to look at the boot space yet though.

Comments on the Shogun are what I expected - I don't suppose you live near Derby do you? Only reason I ask is that the dealer said he had a 55 plate Warrior coming in from a chap who changes his Shogun's regularly. Are they underpowered? The DI-D I drove had a chip on it so didn't give a fair indication of the normal car. What is a fair price for an 05 Elegance LWB with 13k on the clock? Dealer asking 25k but seen one on a 55 same but 6k miles for 23.5.

Can anyone recomment any forums like Scoobynet for 4x4s?

Also started to consider the Grand Cherokee with the good 3.0V6 diesel. Boot not as good though and not sure how well made they are.