Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi RS2- my thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2006, 07:35 AM
Rabid
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi RS2- my thoughts

Doing a spot of house sitting for a friend at the moment, feeding the cats etc etc. I've also got access to his beer fridge and garage.
So I waited till I'd drained the beer fridge on Saturday and went and made use of his car on Sunday. I'd always fancied a go in his RS2 but never had the chance.
It was a big surprise. It has a modified ECU giving around 330bhp but these cars are seriously heavy so I wasn't expecting that much of a difference over an Impreza. I WAS WRONG. This car was seriously quick feeling, far more so than 200bph/per ton I believe it makes. What also surprised me was the handling, not barge like at all, zero body roll and you could actually feel what the road was doing through the steering. The only time you could tell it was such a heavy car was during quick transitions.
From 30-140 *units* the car has relentless acceleration- most cars I've driven seem to tail off over 110 this thing pulled hard right upto 140 and gathered speed only slowly upto around 160 at which point I decided to slow down a tad.
It didn't just go either, his car has the so called 'big red brake' option (993 Turbo stoppers I think) and has the most serious retardation I've experienced other than in a crash.
So all this has got me thinking about buying one, they seem seriously cheap at the moment, the only thing putting me off is the age of the cars and the vile blue alcantara interior.
Anyone ever had one of these or able to comment on them as an ownership proposition? I've already asked my mate but he's biased.
Old 03 July 2006, 08:48 AM
big MO
Scooby Regular

listen to your mate. Awesome beasts, but then again I'm biased too
Old 03 July 2006, 09:28 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Hope your mate said that you could take his car out? If not, you are a car thief, and if I was your mate and found out you took my car out for a 140mph blast, I'd punch your lights out.
Were you insured? What if you'd crashed it?

How would you like it, if he'd just took your car out when you went on holiday?
Old 03 July 2006, 02:51 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Originally Posted by stilover
Hope your mate said that you could take his car out? If not, you are a car thief, and if I was your mate and found out you took my car out for a 140mph blast, I'd punch your lights out.
Were you insured? What if you'd crashed it?

How would you like it, if he'd just took your car out when you went on holiday?
Fortunately I don't have 'mates' like you, everyone I'm friends with are decent people.
I am though insured 3rd party to drive any vehicle and had full permission to use his car, the previous day I took it to B&Q and picked up some tiles he'd ordered for him. Obviously I saved the performance testing until the roads were clear early Sunday morning. If I'd crashed it I guess I'd have bought myself an RS2.

BTW you're a ****
Old 03 July 2006, 02:56 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Reviews say it feels particularly quick due to the massive turbo lag/punch. Figures are impressive too.
Old 03 July 2006, 03:02 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rabid
Fortunately I don't have 'mates' like you, everyone I'm friends with are decent people.
I am though insured 3rd party to drive any vehicle and had full permission to use his car, the previous day I took it to B&Q and picked up some tiles he'd ordered for him. Obviously I saved the performance testing until the roads were clear early Sunday morning. If I'd crashed it I guess I'd have bought myself an RS2.

BTW you're a ****
I'm a **** for what? Asking if you'd had permission to take your mates car out for a 140mph blast?
If he let you take it, which you now say you had, then fine. If you hadn't, then you my friend would be the ****.

I've just heard many stories through the years of people taking their mates/parents cars out for a blast without permission, then either smashing them up, or being chased by the Police.

BTW, I'm sure that when he said you could borrow the car to pick up some tiles, he didn't intend for you to thrash his car to bits. Sounds like I'm the one with decent mates, as none of mine would do that to my car. Guess your just not a very good mate to have
Old 03 July 2006, 03:11 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

BTW you're a ****
on the contrary
Old 03 July 2006, 06:55 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

on the contrary
Yeah!!........................................you' re a fanny....
dave
Old 03 July 2006, 06:58 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Ding Ding.......Round TWO!!!
Old 04 July 2006, 06:03 AM
Rabid
BANNED

I'm a **** for what? Asking if you'd had permission to take your mates car out for a 140mph blast?
If he let you take it, which you now say you had, then fine. If you hadn't, then you my friend would be the ****.

I've just heard many stories through the years of people taking their mates/parents cars out for a blast without permission, then either smashing them up, or being chased by the Police.

BTW, I'm sure that when he said you could borrow the car to pick up some tiles, he didn't intend for you to thrash his car to bits. Sounds like I'm the one with decent mates, as none of mine would do that to my car. Guess your just not a very good mate to have
You're a **** for suggesting I'd use or performance test my friend's car without his permisssion/insurance and regaling us with your low life tales about scumbags TWOCing others vehicles.
As he suggested I "see what it can do" I took that to mean performance rather than just how many tiles I could load in the back of it (2 rooms worth with room to spare as it happens).

What this thread could do with now is less useless, moronic ****** like you and some people who know something about these amazing cars. I'm seriously considering buying one now.

Brendan, the turbo lag didn't feel anywhere near as bad as a 'classic' Impreza and the powerband was from 3 to 7K. Some kick in the pants though.
Old 04 July 2006, 09:23 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

You're a **** for suggesting I'd use or performance test my friend's car without his permisssion/insurance and regaling us with your low life tales about scumbags TWOCing others vehicles.
As he suggested I "see what it can do" I took that to mean performance rather than just how many tiles I could load in the back of it (2 rooms worth with room to spare as it happens).

What this thread could do with now is less useless, moronic ****** like you and some people who know something about these amazing cars. I'm seriously considering buying one now.

Brendan, the turbo lag didn't feel anywhere near as bad as a 'classic' Impreza and the powerband was from 3 to 7K. Some kick in the pants though.
What a ******* dick. Sorry, but you really are. Every thread/comment on this forum what you disagree with, you resort to insults or call people "Racist".
As you quote many times "It's the small minority". You are one of the small minority on this site that are a complete ****.

Que, another set of intelligent insults form Rabid.
Old 04 July 2006, 10:14 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Reads thread with interest and counts a view of a nice car and how many ***** have posted
Old 04 July 2006, 10:20 AM
New_scooby_04

From 30-140 *units* the car has relentless acceleration- most cars I've driven seem to tail off over 110 this thing pulled hard right upto 140 and gathered speed only slowly upto around 160 at which point there was this blue flashing light!!! .
Old 04 July 2006, 11:34 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

I've seriously considered buying one a few times, but the potential costs of ownership have always put me off the idea. I love them. Exclusive. Incredibly fast. Good looks. Practical too.

Standard form with 315bhp they'll pull away from most supercars, and the 0-30 time used to be a record (pre McLaren F1). A friend of mine worked as an Audi mechanic some years ago, and was invited to the launch of the RS2. She got to drive it, and it's still the only car she said frightened her with its performance - the brutality of it.

Apparently to get the best from it, you need to dump the clutch at high revs and hang on for dear life

I think there were only about 180 RHD versions made, so you need to be careful when buying one. www.rs246.com has loads of info, and there are plenty of articles available on tinternet about them.

As a "classic", it'd be best to get an unmolested model, though the hybrid nature of it may cause problems when sourcing parts. Good luck
Old 04 July 2006, 12:35 PM
Rabid
BANNED

What a ******* dick. Sorry, but you really are. Every thread/comment on this forum what you disagree with, you resort to insults or call people "Racist".
As you quote many times "It's the small minority". You are one of the small minority on this site that are a complete ****.

Que, another set of intelligent insults form Rabid.
A barely literate response from an idiot. I suggest learning your mother tongue might be a good start in your program of self improvement. I mean, I don't claim to be perfect, but one does wonder with posts like that where it all went wrong in the education system. Perhaps you didn't have one?

Moving swiftly back on track I've found a LHD example in need of a little TLC but in basically sound condition for 10K. I'm sorely tempted, all it will need is a wheel refurb and a set of dampers. That has to be value for a car like that.
Old 04 July 2006, 12:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rabid, good write up, ffs dont get caught !
Old 04 July 2006, 01:06 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

A barely literate response from an idiot. I suggest learning your mother tongue might be a good start in your program of self improvement. I mean, I don't claim to be perfect, but one does wonder with posts like that where it all went wrong in the education system. Perhaps you didn't have one?

Moving swiftly back on track I've found a LHD example in need of a little TLC but in basically sound condition for 10K. I'm sorely tempted, all it will need is a wheel refurb and a set of dampers. That has to be value for a car like that.
Old 04 July 2006, 01:44 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

There are a few for sale on here too.

It's worth having a look at the forums on that RS site, as they seem to keep an eye on those for sale, and comment on them. A blue RS2 was for sale a few months back, which looked okay on the advert (well, it would, wouldn't it?!) but the peeps on there knew about it, and slated it.
Old 04 July 2006, 02:06 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
There are a few for sale on here too.

It's worth having a look at the forums on that RS site, as they seem to keep an eye on those for sale, and comment on them. A blue RS2 was for sale a few months back, which looked okay on the advert (well, it would, wouldn't it?!) but the peeps on there knew about it, and slated it.
Been having a good look around RS246 and there's a really nice blue one for sale for around 12K on there. Sorely, sorely tempted, just got to work out if I can live with a blue alcantara interior. Looks like the elderly Porsche idea has been superceeded by an elderly Audi-Porsche.
Old 04 July 2006, 04:28 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

tbh I seriously doubt your friend would be chuffed if he knew what you did in his car, permission to drive it or not.

I mean i trust my mates and I would let any of drive my cars , but only when

1. im in the car
2. they return the favour
3. they dont go mad

I dont know you or your mate and wont make assumptions,

all i will say is that you said you would buy one if you had crashed it............at 160mph you wouldnt of been alive to do that lol
Old 04 July 2006, 04:48 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
tbh I seriously doubt your friend would be chuffed if he knew what you did in his car, permission to drive it or not.

1. im in the car
3. they dont go mad

all i will say is that you said you would buy one if you had crashed it............at 160mph you wouldnt of been alive to do that lol
Now prepare to be insulted by Rabid, as you dared to question him
Old 04 July 2006, 06:01 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum

1. im in the car
3. they dont go mad

Some of the assumptions people make are fairly amusing if somewhat more revealing of themselves and their own mindset than anything to do with me and my life.........but that's scoobynet for you.

I can't imagine someone who let me destroy a set of tyres in their Porsche around the Nurburgring is going to be bothered about what I do in the old nail they use to ferry the dog around.

Likewise I'm sure lending him my BMW a while ago to drive to Spain in would give a little bit of leeway.

My comments about buying the car were merely that had I damaged it then the cost of repair or replacement would be down to me.

Anyway have any of you anything to say about the RS2 or haven't you driven one?
Old 04 July 2006, 06:07 PM
d4ve_h4y
Scooby Regular

i like the rs2s and theres always one or two for sale on pistonheads.........

very nice cars! way better than the girly s3's lol

if my mate drove my car @ 140mph the only thing id have to say is......just as well you didnt crash or get caught speeding

lifes too short to be stuck up who cares! no1 got hurt nothing got damaged.......
Old 04 July 2006, 07:33 PM
nix_pug
Scooby Regular

Now prepare to be insulted by Rabid, as you dared to question him

I dont post on this site very often but the wee reminder message at the top and ur completely useless posts have driven me to do so.

wot a complete cockend u are, a mate takes a mates car out for a blast an u cry car theif! ur the one needing ur "lights punched out" knock some cobwebs and dust off u an have some fecking fun for a change. who actually says "punch ur lights out" anyways, u sound like my gran.

The moral of the story is, if u dont get caught an u dont crash then all is fine. sure its slightly risky, but wots not thats good fun.

Stilover's idea of fun is to needlessly spam threads with crappy smilies
thats just so clever, can i be u for the day! please

anyway, needed to get that off my chest.

back to the RS2, they are outrageously quick, and the mclaren F1 only equalled its 0-30 record iirc!

i say go for it, but dont rush in, shop around an read up on them before u dive in, www.audi-sport.net is not too bad a place to start looking too.
There are a couple of 500bhp+ RS2's or S2's on there too.....
Old 04 July 2006, 08:32 PM
Extremecapture
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nix_pug
I dont post on this site very often but the wee reminder message at the top and ur completely useless posts have driven me to do so.

wot a complete cockend u are, a mate takes a mates car out for a blast an u cry car theif! ur the one needing ur "lights punched out" knock some cobwebs and dust off u an have some fecking fun for a change. who actually says "punch ur lights out" anyways, u sound like my gran.

The moral of the story is, if u dont get caught an u dont crash then all is fine. sure its slightly risky, but wots not thats good fun.

back to the RS2, they are outrageously quick, and the mclaren F1 only equalled its 0-30 record iirc!

i say go for it, but dont rush in, shop around an read up on them before u dive in, www.audi-sport.net is not too bad a place to start looking too.
Nice reply nix_pug, absolutley, i took my mate out in the Monaro the otherday and took it to the high end of the speedo, and that reads 200mph. I would hapily let him take it over and do the same , because mates are mates and you know who you can trust

Anyway, Audi RS2, WICKED Car mate, if thats what you have your heart set on, go for it, you know you want to

Paul
Old 04 July 2006, 09:13 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Sorry, could only understand half of that. Learn to spell.

My point, on my first post was that he never mentioned that his mate let him thrash his car. By his first post, he decided to just take his mates car out for a thrash while he was on holiday. Glad you'd let your mates take your car out, and I'd love to see your face when they then crashed it. oh yes, you'd laugh along with them wouldn't you.

Having a go of a mates car when he's sat right beside you is one thing (done it myself) but taking it when he's on holiday is something else. Yes if he let you, but I'd have the decency to look after it, and not thrash it like I'd stole it, then brag on here.

I'm sure most people on here hate car thieves, and by Rabid's first post he came across as taking his mates car without consent. **** how pally you are with your mates, taking a car without consent is theft. If Rabid had stated in his original thread that he'd had consent, I wouldn't have posted my question i.e. did you have consent ?

Hardly being a **** asking that am I ? Obviously you don't mind your mates ******** your girlfriend behind your back either. Well, they are mates after all. Life's too short, Innit ?????
Old 04 July 2006, 10:04 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

My point, on my first post was that he never mentioned that his mate let him thrash his car. By his first post, he decided to just take his mates car out for a thrash while he was on holiday. Glad you'd let your mates take your car out, and I'd love to see your face when they then crashed it. oh yes, you'd laugh along with them wouldn't you.

Having a go of a mates car when he's sat right beside you is one thing (done it myself) but taking it when he's on holiday is something else. Yes if he let you, but I'd have the decency to look after it, and not thrash it like I'd stole it, then brag on here.

I'm sure most people on here hate car thieves, and by Rabid's first post he came across as taking his mates car without consent. **** how pally you are with your mates, taking a car without consent is theft. If Rabid had stated in his original thread that he'd had consent, I wouldn't have posted my question i.e. did you have consent ?

Hardly being a **** asking that am I ? Obviously you don't mind your mates ******** your girlfriend behind your back either. Well, they are mates after all. Life's too short, Innit ?????

. That last paragraph is quality. For the record if my mate decide to screw(pardon the pun ) my car whilst borrowing it, he wouldn't borrow it again.
Old 05 July 2006, 12:53 AM
nix_pug
Scooby Regular

Really letting ur intellect shine with that wity comeback, slagging my spelling.

Spell this . URA TIT

Ur first post was all about ur assumption that other peoples mates r the same as ur “mates” who would prolly take ur car out an rally it laughing the whole time. I know I would, or would u “punch my lights out” keyboard hero strikes again!

My mates and I regularly share cars etc an one is even a named driver on my policy but u prolly knew that already.

As long as its warm a car can be driven hard without causing major wear, but in ur view doing over 100 in a performance car is madness, and the RS2 owner is going to need a full engine rebuild after a quick blast.

I do agree with u on one point, u wouldn’t of been quite so much of a **** asking ur initial questions, but the way u asked them totally merited the reply u received

Loving the last comment, total comedy genius in the making there….
maybe u cant distinguish between car and g/f, u being ur sti’s lover an all, but my mates no where to draw the line

Cant think of anything childish to say other than my mates are better than urs, so there!

Oh an one more thing, see if u hadn’t of posted, this thread might just of contained useful info on RS2’s, but no, u wanted to have ur little digs an fill the thread with crap

Ps hows my spelling?
Old 05 July 2006, 01:11 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ps hows my spelling?

And your grammar needs work .
Old 05 July 2006, 03:46 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I regularly drive my mates Skline GTR, and he knows how I drive

Of the opinion of "you break it you bought it", and if I was to die during a crash I believe he may be more bothered about loosing a mate than recovering the cost of a car

Quick Reply: Audi RS2- my thoughts