Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

alpina b2.5

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2006, 01:21 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpina b2.5

just seen a 1993 alpina b2.5 coupe for sale near me for £3995,have to say looks beautiful -i possibly think this car is based on the 325i and converted by alpina???anyone know about this model?
Old 11 April 2006, 01:28 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

These (apparently) weren't true bona fida Alpina - converted in the Uk under license.

200 produced ... all by sytners. they took the 325i coupe and did the following:-

fitted a re mapped ecu
fitted a stainless alpina exhaust system ( some had a modified manifold and some used the standard unit. )
17" alpina alloys were fitted and the inside of the rear arches were re rolled to allow for larger wheels.
steering wheel and gearknob conversion to alpina parts.
suspension changed to alpina spec except for those cars already fitted with motorsport suspension.
front and rear spoilers.
alpina badging

Altogether this gave approx 220 bhp.

Unfortunately the b2.5 did not take off because once the conversion was done it was more expensive than the popular e36 m3 which gave 285bhp+
sytners produced a spec sheet for each car and you can get a copy by writing to them. This will tell you who carried out the work and when it was done.

Hope that helps !

Cheers,
Gastro
Old 11 April 2006, 01:33 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info! so who are sytners?and what is the difference between a sytners conversion and an alpina?
so technically the car is just a 325i with a few bits enhanced
Old 11 April 2006, 03:27 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by middxsti
cheers for the info! so who are sytners?and what is the difference between a sytners conversion and an alpina?
so technically the car is just a 325i with a few bits enhanced
Sytners are the biggest BMW agents in the UK.
Frank Sytner (of racing fame) owns the company.

www.sytner.co.uk - they now sell other top marques

As far as differences - who knows - but as you say its only 'mildly' breathed upon compared to some of their other conversions.
Old 13 April 2006, 09:36 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gastro
These (apparently) weren't true bona fida Alpina - converted in the Uk under license.

200 produced ... all by sytners. they took the 325i coupe and did the following:-

fitted a re mapped ecu
fitted a stainless alpina exhaust system ( some had a modified manifold and some used the standard unit. )
17" alpina alloys were fitted and the inside of the rear arches were re rolled to allow for larger wheels.
steering wheel and gearknob conversion to alpina parts.
suspension changed to alpina spec except for those cars already fitted with motorsport suspension.
front and rear spoilers.
alpina badging

Altogether this gave approx 220 bhp.

Unfortunately the b2.5 did not take off because once the conversion was done it was more expensive than the popular e36 m3 which gave 285bhp+
sytners produced a spec sheet for each car and you can get a copy by writing to them. This will tell you who carried out the work and when it was done.

Hope that helps !

Cheers,
Gastro
Take a look on www.e36coupe.com .As far as the mods go, they all had a modded ecu, slightly more revy cams and the arches were'nt rolled as the e36 can accomodate 9.5j 265/35/17 easily (m3 evo etc..) and they all had the Alpina spec suspension. Plus with typical Alpina figures the power is more like 241 bhp and even with the cams still very torque'y.The exhaust is only mild'ly tweeked and a six branch mani was a cost option.But as Gastro says correctly they aren't a full on Alpina(bigger capacity, bespoke suspension etc..) but still a better everyday car than an M3 and a lot less in your face. But still with the Alpina wow factor, I know iv'e had a few and have got one of five rhd made B3.2 Tourings, which parked next to any M3 has an air that no M3 could match.