Audi TT 225 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2006, 08:34 AM
lowlander
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi TT 225 coupe

Hi there,

Anyone own one of these or know anything about them?

Are the generally reliable?

Whats the performance like?

Thanks and all the best.

Martin.
Old 12 March 2006, 08:45 AM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

Generally reliable mechanically and built like a brick **** house. Cracking engine if a bit breatless at upper revs. Several people I know have a TT ( read common as muck ) and a few had a problem with the windows staying about an inch or so down or dropping an inch when they have been away from the car. Something to do with the pillerless doors. Audi failed to sort these problems on each car and they still heve problems albeit intermittent. As long as you are not looking for an exciting car to drive then you will love it. Surprising fuel economy too I used to get great mileage from my S3 which had the same engine. The only negatives really are the hairdressers image and how common they are. People say scoobs have a chav image but ive never known a car to have such a strong image problem as the TT. Why not try an S3 its the same car with none of the image problems and more space.
Old 12 March 2006, 08:48 AM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say, rergarding the performance, as a day to day driver its probably more useable than most turbo petrol cars as the torque kicks in below 2000 so it has plenty of shove and feels very diesel like in this respect. This makes it feel quicker than it actually is and is probably why it is gutless after 5000 rpm. Still a quick car though with amazing traction and grip.
Old 12 March 2006, 10:39 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I had one for a few months, it had been remapped & had a s/s zorst fitted as well, i only used it at weekends.
It never missed a beat & i got my money back on it when i traded it in.
Old 13 March 2006, 06:57 AM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

My friend has one, the grip in the wet is amazing and its it bigest plus point. Although his has been chipped it really doesnt feel kneck breakingly quick to me but he does have 19" alloys on his!
Old 13 March 2006, 07:38 AM
lowlander
Scooby Regular

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies.

I accept that these cars are not that quick but they are fast enough for me. Other plus points are:-

1. Excellent build quality.
2. Wet (and dry) road traction.
3. Distingtive shape (not sure I would call it pretty but it at least different to the norm!)
4. Hatchback and folding rear seats.
5. Reliability (fingers crossed !)
6. Low depreciation.
7. Plenty to choose from.
8. Safe
9. Decent fuel economy
10. Compact size

Downsides are:-

1. Very small rear seats.
2. Small boot.
3. High servicing costs.
4. High insurance costs.
5. Girlie image.
6. Thief magnet?
7. high purchase price
8. Visability

Thanks and all the best.

Martin.
Old 13 March 2006, 02:46 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Forgot to add, the fuel gauge is highly inaccurate, hes run out of fuel 3 times obviously hes learnt his lesson now and fills up at half a tank plus hes had some cv boots go on his. Great looking car especially convertable the girls love it!! lol
Old 13 March 2006, 03:07 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Been looking at these over the weekend, the roadster version has a lot more leg room in the front we noticed, probably due to not having those waste of space rear seats that the coupe has.
Old 13 March 2006, 04:58 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Owned a 225bhp TT coupe when I sold my classic scooby last year. With 225bhp I really expected it to have a bit of poke, but there didnt seem like there was a turbo under the bonnet at all, some people might like the smooth power delivery, but I hated it after coming from the scoob.

Interior is nice, but feels Closter phobic(spelling) and god knows why Audi even bothered to put back seats in, as a small child would feel cramped in the back, but overall very stylish.

Reliability is good, But have heard people have problems with the dashpods if you watched Watchdog a few weeks ago you will already no the problem

You may want to have a look on here about the dash problem but I think Audi have admited a fault with the design and they will fix the problem for free!
http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs...t=dash+problem

I sold my TT after owning it for 2 months and got another Scooby again, If your after something that looks good and something that wont lose to much value, then go for it, but if you expecting it to be a quick sports car then id try something else.
Old 14 March 2006, 04:49 PM
madgixer
Scooby Newbie

Cool ye ha

Dont you just love this site. We had a tt coupe which had a faulty dash and had to pay nearly £750 to have replaced. This was back in nov 04.

Just been onto Audi Uk and they have authorised a full refund. Neglected to tell em that I sold the car 8 months ago. Think i may put it towards my new plasma screen
Old 14 March 2006, 05:25 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Now that, as they say, is a right touch!!!