Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan silvia......

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2005, 11:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Nissan silvia......

does this have the same basis as 200sx....
Old 13 November 2005, 09:41 AM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends which year, and what market.
http://www.angelfire.com/ns/silvia/history.html
Old 13 November 2005, 01:31 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Yes, they share the same floorplan, engines, & running gear. From S14 onwards, the 200SX just became a rebadged Silvia.
Old 13 November 2005, 05:49 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Had a bloke at work who worshiped Silvia's. He bored the pants off me with what he was going to do to it, Yawn, Yawn. He did f*ck all to it appart from nail a piece of plywood to the front bumper, painted it black to look like carbon fibre ?????????? The rest of the car was rusty as hell, and he wanted to make a Sti/Evo style rear spoiler for it out of.......... you guest it, Plywood.
He's one of these guy's that keeps on saying he'll buy this or that to beat you with. For 5 years he kept saying he was going to by a skyline, get it chiped to 400bhp and blow me away. Yeh right, I'm still waiting. He then went out and bought a Suzuki Ignis sport, then proceed to tell me that on a back road it would wipe the floor with my then Focus RS. He's 40 odd aswell. Just goes to show that old age doesn't bring wisdom.
Old 13 November 2005, 06:18 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

funnily enuff the only person i know whose had one , a customer , was a bit of a moaning ole git popped his clogs not long after......
Old 13 November 2005, 07:09 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Had a bloke at work who worshiped Silvia's. He bored the pants off me with what he was going to do to it, Yawn, Yawn. He did f*ck all to it appart from nail a piece of plywood to the front bumper, painted it black to look like carbon fibre ?????????? The rest of the car was rusty as hell, and he wanted to make a Sti/Evo style rear spoiler for it out of.......... you guest it, Plywood.
He's one of these guy's that keeps on saying he'll buy this or that to beat you with. For 5 years he kept saying he was going to by a skyline, get it chiped to 400bhp and blow me away. Yeh right, I'm still waiting. He then went out and bought a Suzuki Ignis sport, then proceed to tell me that on a back road it would wipe the floor with my then Focus RS. He's 40 odd aswell. Just goes to show that old age doesn't bring wisdom.
I know someone who sounds very similar...avoid at all costs