Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

M3 Evo, values ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2005, 07:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M3 Evo, values ?

Was talking to a lad at work who is into his motors as well as his dad who always has something nice, anyway he used to turn up in a mint M3 Evo, Boston Green, nice wheels, mint condition, quite fancied it myself as it didnt look to Chav compared to some of the older M3's, Dark Green, black leather, he advertised it and got no interest (not sure of the original price) but dropped it to 8 grand, still no interest. He ended up getting 8 part ex against an Audi S4, the dealer said they are difficult to sell especially as Boston Green isnt popular, how the f*ck do people sell Dakar Yellow ones then ?

Would have thought that a tidy, hitoried, well looked after M3 at 8 grand would be snapped up ?
Old 10 November 2005, 08:11 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Dakar Yellow is the best colour

8k really is a bargain for 321bhp.
Old 10 November 2005, 08:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Boston Green is the best colour IMO!!

Look really smart in that colour with no rear spoiler - only the bigger alloys and mental looking front seats to give the game away!
Old 10 November 2005, 08:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Been looking, 8 grand gets you quite a lot of M3's, but I always look at the road behind them, the cheap ones are always in scummy looking areas, two wheels on the kerb looking a bit down at heel.

Still, probably the cheapest way of getting a genuine 321 bhp, in fact this lad whos dad had it reckons it was as quick as the newer M3 in a drag race having had a go at a few, he is a very level headed lad who knows his motors and does not make and flase claims so I am inclined to beleive him.
Old 10 November 2005, 08:41 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

The new one is only 20 bhp more and about 55kg, so there would not be much in it.
Old 10 November 2005, 08:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Trouble is with this, does everyone assume that you are either,

A ****
A Villian
A Chav

or

A BMW M Power enthusiast ?

Oh and with the Vanos, which knowing my luck would explode the minute I got it, how can you tell if its on the way out ?
Old 11 November 2005, 06:40 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Trouble is with this, does everyone assume that you are either,

A ****
A Villian
A Chav

or

A BMW M Power enthusiast ?
I think stereotypically you assume the driver is

a) a **** - if you rant it about cutting everyone up
b) a villan - (drug-dealer or thief) if youre black or asian
c) a chav - if you drive a boy-ed up one and wear a baseball cap, or have a "my other cars an impreza" sticker on the back

But hey who cares about stereotypes, theyre good cars!
Old 11 November 2005, 08:32 PM
Nick Read
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
I think stereotypically you assume the driver is

a) a **** - if you rant it about cutting everyone up
b) a villan - (drug-dealer or thief) if youre black or asian
c) a chav - if you drive a boy-ed up one and wear a baseball cap, or have a "my other cars an impreza" sticker on the back

But hey who cares about stereotypes, theyre good cars!
I did look at a few a year back, trying to find something 'sensible' but quick and the E36 M3 or Evo did fit the bill. Problem was most of the ones I looked at had leather and a wooden dash which was a big no-no for me. The ones that had cloth also had those weird non-manual gearboxes. And the ones that weren't either of those were either too pricey or too tatty.

Not that there aren't nice tidy M3's out there but a lot of them were not garaged and pampered as you'd expect, but left out on the kerb in the middle of a council estate, parked up next to an ageing XR4x4 or something similar LOL

Funny thing was the Evos I tried didn't seem any quicker than the old 3.0 models. The pedal position was weirdn and offset, the transmission tunnel seemed in the way. For what seemed a biggish car on the outside, it felt bloody tiny inside, all squashed up like. Can't say I was that impressed tbh. First time I got in a Scoob it was a totally different story, everything felt right straight away.
Old 15 November 2005, 11:38 AM
jespin
Scooby Regular

Been looking to sell my 1997 M3 Evo Coupe for a while now for around £9k. Mine's Estoril blue with silver leather which is the most sought after combination and i've had virtually no interest either. All I can imagine is that the insurance and running costs put a lot of people off but as it's been said, it's a hell of a lot of car for £9k.

Old 15 November 2005, 01:33 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jespin
Been looking to sell my 1997 M3 Evo Coupe for a while now for around £9k. Mine's Estoril blue with silver leather which is the most sought after combination and i've had virtually no interest either. All I can imagine is that the insurance and running costs put a lot of people off but as it's been said, it's a hell of a lot of car for £9k.

I think I know why yours has not sold.........................................

It could do with a clean .

Seriously though nice car and looks the dogs whatsits - you can even see the blade of the alloy reflecting in the polished rim!!!!!!!!

Good luck selling mate, it certainly looks very nice.

Paul
Old 15 November 2005, 02:44 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
I think Dakar Yellow is the best colour

8k really is a bargain for 321bhp.
Agreed - with black wheels and a yellow cage. Yummy.

As a road car, Boston green (as said).

Mine was a Boston Green Saloon. No 'M' motifs, no spoiler - nothing!! Was so very discreet, looked classy and quality. Cracking motor, if a little heavy.
Old 15 November 2005, 08:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Thats lovely, good colour and looks mint, 9 grand doesnt sound dear, about ballpark comapared to the autotrader, surprised (as I was with my mates dads one) that you are struggling to sell it, I can only think its like you say the running costs that put people off, i.e. the ones that bought them new have moved on to the new model leaving the old ones being to expensive for those that still want them.

What group is it, 20 ?

I had a Fiat Coupe Turbo which was 19 and paid 650 a year, would be interested (if its not too personal a question) to know what you pay, the mpg which I know should be a worry if you are looking at stuff like that but it is a factor, also what mileage has it done. Has it had the Vanos done ?

Not actually looking at the mo, more nosey than anything, I am still on pennance for two expensive motoring disasters so am currently driving a sensible Saab until I build up some cash and brownie points. Good luck anyway.
Old 17 November 2005, 11:33 AM
jespin
Scooby Regular

With regards to insurance, i'm 25 and pay just under £1400 a year fully comp although it's a trader's policy that covers both me and the missus on three different cars so its not bad value really.

Cheers for the comments on the car, it is a clean example. Could do with getting rid of it now as I have just bought a VW Golf 25th Anniversary too.