Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

mercedes keys

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 09:23 PM
richee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mercedes keys

looking after my mates house while he was away and i have lost his key for his car said i will pay for a new set as it was his only pair. any one no how u go about this and how much it will cost. it is an old mercedes not sure on the year privite plate say about a p reg.
Old 08 November 2005, 10:40 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richee
looking after my mates house while he was away and i have lost his key for his car said i will pay for a new set as it was his only pair. any one no how u go about this and how much it will cost. it is an old mercedes not sure on the year privite plate say about a p reg.
You will need to go to a Mercedes dealer, with the log book and the owners License, and order one to chassis number. It takes approximately 5 working days, and dependant on the style of key (DAS 2 or DAS3 - whether you have to use a flip out metal section or it is the plastic style) will depend on whether it needs a simple programming process. This as far as I'm aware is the only way round your situation.
Craig
Old 09 November 2005, 11:20 AM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigdmcd
You will need to go to a Mercedes dealer, with the log book and the owners License, and order one to chassis number. It takes approximately 5 working days, and dependant on the style of key (DAS 2 or DAS3 - whether you have to use a flip out metal section or it is the plastic style) will depend on whether it needs a simple programming process. This as far as I'm aware is the only way round your situation.
Craig
In fact if the rules are followed correctly the keys will only be ordered if the owner is presesnt with said documents. If it is a DAS 2 flip out key your looking at about £120 each, later DAS 3 keys are about £70 each.

HTH
Old 10 November 2005, 10:00 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
In fact if the rules are followed correctly the keys will only be ordered if the owner is presesnt with said documents. If it is a DAS 2 flip out key your looking at about £120 each, later DAS 3 keys are about £70 each.

HTH
That's what I meant, even though it doesn't read back that way. I forgot DAS 2 keys are that much, still it could be worse, the mirror could have ****ed up as well. What dealership are you at, Robbie?
Old 11 November 2005, 11:25 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigdmcd
That's what I meant, even though it doesn't read back that way. I forgot DAS 2 keys are that much, still it could be worse, the mirror could have ****ed up as well. What dealership are you at, Robbie?
Aylesbury fella, you?