My new motor-e28 535iSE

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2005, 11:12 AM
dome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My new motor-e28 535iSE

Hello

After fannying about looking at rusty/knackered old Alfa Romeos yesterday I saw the light and bought this little beauty.

She's a 1986 BMW 535i SE which has had a pound or two spent on her. She's got H+R springs and Bilstein shocks, uprated brakes from a later 5 series. Also it's been superchipped to 240 Bhp and has a stainless steel exhaust (which I've still to fit...) Inside theres full tan leather from an M535i and everything works (apart from the cruise control, but I'll get in about that soon)

As you can see from the pics she's a wee bit tatty but the car lives in Glasgow, not the best place for a minter. It more than makes up for it's looks with he way it drives, coming on cam like a good un at 4000 and rocketing off with a gorgeous roar, the brakes and handling are ace too and I can honestly say it's the easist car to get sideways I've ever driven

The best bit is it's MOT'd til May 2006 and taxed til October and it only cost me 795 quid.

It's even economical on a run, I managed newarly 30 MPG on the run back from picking it up. Took down some favourite twisties last night, the MPG wasn't quite as good then though...
Old 30 June 2005, 11:44 AM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

best you come join the dark side then!

You'll find lots of hints/tips and general advice on here

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/index.php?act=idx

PS, A remap will not have given it 240BHP...maybe an extra 5-10BHP and a better response
Old 30 June 2005, 11:50 AM
dome
Scooby Regular

Cheers, I've just registered on there. The bloke says he's seen a dyno sheet for it showing 240bhp but he's lost it, to be fair I'm not that fussed, I know it's quick enough. There's also a Racelogic traction control system fitted (but disconnected) I think it'll be staying that way...

Last edited by dome; 30 June 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old 30 June 2005, 11:55 AM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dome
Cheers, I've just registered on there. The bloke says he's seen a dyno sheet for it showing 240bhp but he's lost it, to be fair I'm not that fussed, I know it's quick enough. There's also a Racelogic traction control system fitted (but disconnected) I think it'll be staying that way...
Dont doubt it mate..I have a (remapped)E34 535 sport manual and for a big car they tread on and handle very well..
Old 30 June 2005, 12:41 PM
Stryder
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I like that. I think it's a really smart looking car.

Bet that straight six makes a lovely noise. These cars seem to go on forever.
Old 30 June 2005, 04:46 PM
dome
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, the pics don't do it justice, they're off me camera phone. I've not had a chance to polish the car either, I'll get some more pics up when I've done that.
Old 30 June 2005, 08:13 PM
Tommy_Lee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dome
Cheers guys, the pics don't do it justice, they're off me camera phone. I've not had a chance to polish the car either, I'll get some more pics up when I've done that.
Nice old e28 you got there.

I used to have a M535I manual,it was the best car ive ever owned as far driving satisfaction goes.

I'll never forget the time it humilliated a corrado vr6 over the dales,wish i still had it.