Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

loving my new scoob

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 07:47 PM
eddiesautos
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loving my new scoob

just bought a 95 uk turbo in icelle blue and it rocks. Came from a 200bhp civic coupe hybrid and thought the transmission losses would mean roughly equal performance. So so wrong although the scoob was dynoed a while back at 300 i did not think it would give me whiplash like it does. Am finding gear changing a lot harder than a N/A so any tips or tricks? (double clutching etc). Cheers guys and gals just thought i would share that with ya.

P.s im not a bhp no.s queen but just helps get point across.Oh and pics soon.

oh and mods could you move this to general. sorry.

Last edited by eddiesautos; 12 May 2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12 May 2005, 08:24 PM
jonnyrex
Scooby Regular

Make friends with your local petrol station ,you will see them very often (ex 98 uk)now (54 ctr)
Old 12 May 2005, 09:50 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Hello Eddiesautos. Glad to hear you're enjoying the scoob.

You had a perfect right to post this in General, BTW, it being a Subaru, and all.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:10 PM
eddiesautos
Scooby Newbie

ha ha, bubba po,i am so used to my honda forums i headed straight for this one to say i had a new car.lol. anyway petrol didnt seem that bad, first night first 100miles, but i did do 65mph for 95 of those 100miles. The other five doubled my consumption Best few miles i have ever done though.
Old 13 May 2005, 05:05 PM
Derek M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eddiesautos
just bought a 95 uk turbo in icelle blue and it rocks. Came from a 200bhp civic coupe hybrid and thought the transmission losses would mean roughly equal performance. So so wrong although the scoob was dynoed a while back at 300 i did not think it would give me whiplash like it does. Am finding gear changing a lot harder than a N/A so any tips or tricks? (double clutching etc). Cheers guys and gals just thought i would share that with ya.

P.s im not a bhp no.s queen but just helps get point across.Oh and pics soon.

oh and mods could you move this to general. sorry.
Glad ur enjoying the Scooby. I used to have MY99 UK turbo decatted and SS BBox. They are great fun. I now have 04 CTR Which I love too. Reason for changing to CTR was that got company car option and they wont allow 4 wheel drives for some strange reason so out went the option of new Scooby. So got CTR instead.

Anyway I know what you mean about the gear changing issue it is kinda hard to get it smooth in the Scoob if your used to the slick trans in the Honda. Particularly hard when ur giving it some and on full boost! You can get a fair old jolt thru the transmission on gear changes. You will get it smoother with practice and playing with the throttle and clutch when u shift.

Have fun.