Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Sport ka?

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 08:18 AM
dogboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport ka?

My girlfriend brought a brochure of the Sport Ka home last night, and said shes fell in with love with it and is going to order one.

I just wondered if anyone has had any experience of them and can tell me some pro's and con's.

Are they good value- handle well, quick.....(or is that asking to much?)

Cheers,

DOg.
Old 18 April 2005, 10:20 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Fords are supposed to have fun chassis, from Ka to Mondeo.

Doubtless feels faster than it is. Apart from overtaking frustration, I'd interpret that upside down, to say you can have fun and still keep your licence!

Expect to get lots of "poor man's TT / Beetle" comments.
Old 18 April 2005, 10:57 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

My advise would be buy a second hand one.......you will loose a stupid amount of cash on a new one. They virtually hold no value.
My friend had one for just under 12 months, he bought it new, it was an 04 Reg. He sold it last month on ebay for £6000, so look around, bargains to be had .......

Exterior they look pretty sporty, large alloys, bumpers etc etc, but a bit bland on the interior, no different from a normal KA......which is a bit of a let down. Cheap Insurance and running costs is a bonus though.

They are nippy cars, good for zooming around town, much more suited as a womans car than a blokes car.
However, the handling on these cars is amazing, they are like go-karts in the dry. You could have alot of cheap fun in one of these cars.
Old 18 April 2005, 01:12 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I **** all over one in my VTS a few weeks back. To be honest it's not really a fair fight but I got irritated by the constant revving at the lights.

It's nice to be able to kick something's a7se now and again
Old 18 April 2005, 01:16 PM
Vette_76
Scooby Regular

Location: On Mars...in a cave....with my eyes shut....and my fingers in my ears!!

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
....It's nice to be able to kick something's a7se now and again
LOL

Spoken like a true VTS owner!!

Old 18 April 2005, 03:41 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

My wife has one and unlike the VTS you dont see one every 100yds! (only kidding). I have a ZS180 and the ka is great to drive, raspy, good handler and looks great externaly, interior aint that cracking but all round a "complete" birds mobile.

1 year old ones are going for about 9k on forecourts, but like said above you should get one for about 7-8.5k trade with approx 10k on the clock.

Go for the grey colur SE version, by far the best colour in my eyes.

PS I possibly may have one for sale if you are anywhere near Yorkshire!!?

Kev
Old 18 April 2005, 03:53 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vette_76
LOL

Spoken like a true VTS owner!!

Spoken like a realistic one

We don't all think we can outpace everything on the roads. Although not many cars I've had handle like the Sax does and I've had some quick jap ones (Supras, GT4 Celica, MR2)..

Oh, and Smeatser, check the door trims and you'll see the Saxos that you see every 100yds are very rarely VTS's, more often than not it'll be a VTR (now they are common as £$%*)
Old 18 April 2005, 04:23 PM
dogboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Spoken like a realistic one

We don't all think we can outpace everything on the roads. Although not many cars I've had handle like the Sax does and I've had some quick jap ones (Supras, GT4 Celica, MR2)..

Oh, and Smeatser, check the door trims and you'll see the Saxos that you see every 100yds are very rarely VTS's, more often than not it'll be a VTR (now they are common as £$%*)
Lol at Jap2scrap..

Thats what i own ...a VTS (icelantic grey from new on an 02 reg) Its the best car ive ever owned (not that anyone ever believes me on here....here come the flames ha ha.)

Cheers for the replies , thats why i was interested when my gf said she wanted one...i wondered how it compared to my car.

Sounds like overall its agood honest car then...maybe slower than mine but cheep, reliable and a bit of fun if we go out in it now and again.

Also yep i agree after researching today that the secound hand ones are good deals. Ford direct has an 04 with 3k for £7000 in blue.
Old 18 April 2005, 04:27 PM
Mcbrun555
Scooby Regular

I drove one on the evo Sport Ka day at Bedford.

The car was an awesome handler, fab steering, and according to the chief engineer, it can generate almost as much lateral G as the Focus RS.

The engine does get a battering in the press, it is not a fizzy engine you want to rev, but does have a good range of torque.

Interior is basic, but then again so is the Saxo VTR

If you buy cars just for how they drive this is an absolute peach.

Bear in mind my views are based only on trashing the nuts off them round a track.

Mark
Old 18 April 2005, 06:39 PM
Plums!
Scooby Regular

Wink

Wife had one for a year but we had to sell it due to baby!

All I can say is what a fantastic car.... a real drivers car....

Rightly said it's not the most powerful engine (95 Bhp) but great dollops of torque!

But my oh my get it on a nice windy road.... sticks like glue!

Saxo Vts beating a Sport Ka in a straight line... yeah why not after all their 20 bhp apart and saxo's are made out of tin.... But the Sport Ka is real solid tool everything about it feels well nailed together.

put it into the twisties.... and a extremely rewarding car! huge grin factor!

Safe to say the Scoob spent many a day sat at home because of the sport ka.

Highly reccomended! even Clarkson loves em!

Plums.

Last edited by Plums!; 18 April 2005 at 06:43 PM.