Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2005, 05:57 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove a Noble 3R

If anyones interested.

Looks awesome

Speed is phenomenol, made the Sagaris I drove feel tame. Twin turbos mean no lag that I could detect. The torque is out of this world. Foot down in 4th gear at 2000rpm and the next thing you know you're flying. Use 2nd or 3rd in anger and it feels like a rocket accelerating. Fastest car I've ever driven. Also, power always there immediatley as opposed to some big turbo laggy Jap things I've been in.

Steering could do with more feed back, but the nose goes exactly where you point it.

Handling; it was raining so did'nt really get to test it hard(doh!)

Gearchange; ok but a little 'loose'. The M400 gear change is perfect(drove that for a few minutes aswell.

Problems
1) You'll never get to use 25% of the abilty of this car on the road unless you drive like an idiot

2) Offset pedals mean my calf was aching after 30 minutes

Will I buy one.....thinking about it.
Old 07 April 2005, 06:02 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

How much are they?
Old 07 April 2005, 06:16 PM
blot
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Deep Singh

Steering could do with more feed back, but the nose goes exactly where you point it.

Handling; it was raining so did'nt really get to test it hard(doh!)

Gearchange; ok but a little 'loose'. The M400 gear change is perfect(drove that for a few minutes aswell.

Problems
1) You'll never get to use 25% of the abilty of this car on the road unless you drive like an idiot

2) Offset pedals mean my calf was aching after 30 minutes

Will I buy one.....thinking about it.
1. Depends which roads though!

2. You get used to the offset very very quickly as you won't be out of the car the first couple of days

Gearchange- I test drove a 3R and the original M12GTO, oddly enough the 5 speed box on the original version was much nicer and far more definite in hitting gears, ended up buying the original eight months ago, covered 9Kmiles, use it every day and still smile at what it can do.

Strongly recommend that if you do buy one, get it serviced at the factory, level of customer service is second to none in ensuring the car is spot on, there are some very good dealers as well, but some I wouldn't send even a ruf porch to

Forgot to say, handling is hilarious, get out onto an airfield after buying, you will not believe the levels of grip, oh and get the trackday sump fitted

Last edited by blot; 07 April 2005 at 06:18 PM.