Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2004, 01:30 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Hi all
Im in the process of locating my last fast car (as ordered by her ) and really want to get it right. Im not allowed to change it 6 months down the line this time!!
So my hunt has covered cars like a clio v6 (to expensive), type r sti (really want one but wont get a good one for my budget), the MG ZT 190+ (current number 1 with costs but the slowest of the above) among others........
So now looking at the legacy. Im told its the same engine as the v5 sti? So maybe i can drive it around without being raced from every set of lights!! A real wolf in sheeps clothing i think as theres not many around!!
So just thoughts on the car really with economy, reliability ( been bitten twice with the big ends going on my old scoob)!!
Any advice will be very welcome as im in no hurry in getting the car. Want as much info as poss this time!! Not going to jump straight in!!

Thanks for looking
Johnny
Old 14 December 2004, 02:07 PM
B4 Boy (at work!)
Scooby Regular

Johnny

We have a MY99 B4 RSK, 19-21mpg (Spirited driving) I'm told it normally achieves 28mpg (haven't witnessed this with ours!)
and it is a Ver 5 STI engine.

276bhp as standard (manual) I believe its very slightly lower for the automatics. 0-60 between 5.3-5.9 (depends what figures you believe)

Twin Turbo set up can be a pain although it doesn't take long to adapt your driving style to compensate for this.

Difficult to modify although a new exhaust unleashes some extra horses (big debate about whether to de-cat centre or not, I have, and no probs so far...watch this space!)

Should you get one...YES. Excellent Q car, we rarely get bothered at traffic lights although it's hard not to join in sometimes, especially when you get to the next set and the bloke in his new car (wont mention the make) eventually pulls up next to you and asks you what car it is!

Legacy fans over here:

http://legacy.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?

Matt
Old 14 December 2004, 02:20 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B4 Boy (at work!)
Johnny

We have a MY99 B4 RSK, 19-21mpg (Spirited driving) I'm told it normally achieves 28mpg (haven't witnessed this with ours!)
and it is a Ver 5 STI engine.

276bhp as standard (manual) I believe its very slightly lower for the automatics. 0-60 between 5.3-5.9 (depends what figures you believe)

Twin Turbo set up can be a pain although it doesn't take long to adapt your driving style to compensate for this.

Difficult to modify although a new exhaust unleashes some extra horses (big debate about whether to de-cat centre or not, I have, and no probs so far...watch this space!)

Should you get one...YES. Excellent Q car, we rarely get bothered at traffic lights although it's hard not to join in sometimes, especially when you get to the next set and the bloke in his new car (wont mention the make) eventually pulls up next to you and asks you what car it is!

Legacy fans over here:

http://legacy.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?

Matt
Just joined it Matt. Cheers for that!!
Old 14 December 2004, 06:08 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

/annoying mode

Why is this in non scooby related? :P

I love them, tempted by one for my next car
Old 14 December 2004, 06:35 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Why is this in the Other Marques forum, should it not be in Scoobynet General?