Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Next Car - Which Road to take?

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 04:46 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Car - Which Road to take?

I have just sold the Integra Type R as I needed some of the money that was locked in the car.

Now I have very hard choice to make about my next car:

Road 1 - Buy a 200sx s14a around the 99 reg mark, 40k milage say £6.5k, Nice comfort and power, but the problem is I know I would end up spending around £2k in mods within the next year, and the same with any mods a lot of this money would disapear when selling in the future.The bonus is the sound of a amazing exhasut and a dump valve, leather and Im fairly keen on the looks.

Road 2 - Spend around the 7k mark on a MX-5, which would have to be 1.8. I love the idea of having a convertible as I've always longed after one, not too botherd about only having the two seats or the lack of storage space. The bigger problem is the lack of power the car has, I would have a filter,exhasut and decat and some bigger alloys on the car in the future but would I find the lack of power a problem?

The big stumbling block is the amount of money I would spend on the 200sx, and I know I could not buy it and leave it standard, and the money saved by buying the MX-5 would sit nicely in the bank for general upgrading of stuff.Added bonus of the lower insurance and fuel for the MX-5.

Any views of what people would do while in my shoes?
Old 08 October 2004, 04:56 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MX5's are nippy.. However not in same league as 'Teg or 200.

Handling is absolutely great in the MX5 though, my friend used to have one (later, non pop up light model) and it was really good fun. Especially on big deserted wet roundabouts!!

If you are worried that you will go and spend money on the 200 even when you know it isnt sensible to do so, then I would recommend that you go for the MX5 if you are looking to save a wee bit of money at the moment.

Cheers,
Grant