Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

I'm seriously not happy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2004, 04:42 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I'm seriously not happy!!!

As some of you might know I placed my order for an Octavia vRS with cruise and parking sensors with my local Garage on the 10th of August, which they said that I should have it for around the 1/2nd of September.

I've just been down to drop my cover note of and it turns out that my car isn't going to be here till the last week of September!!! The thing is I've spoken to the dealer nearly twice a week. I spoke to him 19th of August and he told me that the car had been built and was on its way over, should take between 7-10 days to get here. Fair enough I think...

Speak to him Friday, still not here, should be here next week.

I think he's been making the delivery date up as he goes along, I watched them go into the skoda system and it takes around 2mins to get into the right screen (dunno if that’s normal) normally he tells me within 20 seconds where the car is.

Is it right that the skoda factory was closed for the last two weeks?

They are going to be fitting the parking sensors at the dealership as apparently if I want them fitting at the factory I'm looking at the end of October! Is this acceptable?

Does it sound like they are stringing me along? They are going to try to get me a loan car till mine arrives. Wonder what that will be?

Has anyone else had any problems getting vRS's? There doesn't seem to be any available, when they looked on the system there was 4 in the country and none being built.

I'm seriously not happy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old 01 September 2004, 04:44 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

I think most European car plants shut down for 2 weeks in august, unfortunately
Old 01 September 2004, 04:53 PM
scoobybitch
Scooby Regular

To check on a car you have to log onto the internet to your supplier and enter a tracker onto the car you are looking into then it should tell you if car is in factory/at docks/in traffic etc. Ask when your car was consigned to them the dealership usually receives a car within 7-10 days of consignment.
Old 01 September 2004, 05:28 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Sounds like its at there bodyshop, after being shunted...... Just my thought.

Never trust a dealer.
Old 01 September 2004, 05:47 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
Sounds like its at there bodyshop, after being shunted...... Just my thought.

Never trust a dealer.
Seriously, does stuff like that happen?

The other half has just been onto the dealer (she works in customer services, women moan more!) they are saying it not there fault etc, blaming skoda. Don't see how its skoda's fault they weren't the ones lieing about where the car was. They are happy to give me my desposit back!

I'm getting onto skoda customer services tomorrow, and one of the directors at that dealership.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer?
Old 01 September 2004, 06:33 PM
zesty
Scooby Regular

I think there was a post by 6 pott ?? about overspray on his brand new car and all the problems he had in trying to reject the car.

Still, looking on the bright side the misaligned body panels will probably take your eyes off any overspray
Old 01 September 2004, 07:00 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

does stuff like that really go on? that must be against the law?

Think i might just move near work and walk, cars are so much hassle!

Trending Topics

Old 01 September 2004, 07:02 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Dealership mishaps with new cars - happens a lot more frequently than Joe Punter is ever allowed to know. Known cars slip off transporter ramps when being delivered to dealers causing damage to underside .... which does not show ... Saw a new car left overnight in secure razor wire compound out ready for early collection next day. Sales staff arrived to find all four alloy wheels nicked - how come with lockers - and new car resting on bricks.... That's unusual, thieves usually leg it quick leaving car on discs..... never hang around. Customer took delivery of car all the same with alloys hastily removed from another car.

Could tell you no end of similar tales...
Old 01 September 2004, 07:08 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MGJohn
Dealership mishaps with new cars - happens a lot more frequently than Joe Punter is ever allowed to know. Known cars slip off transporter ramps when being delivered to dealers causing damage to underside .... which does not show ... Saw a new car left overnight in secure razor wire compound out ready for early collection next day. Sales staff arrived to find all four alloy wheels nicked - how come with lockers - and new car resting on bricks.... That's unusual, thieves usually leg it quick leaving car on discs..... never hang around. Customer took delivery of car all the same with alloys hastily removed from another car.

Could tell you no end of similar tales...
you should start a thread of stories! **** it i'm not buying a car now!
Old 01 September 2004, 07:09 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by maxim
you should start a thread of stories! **** it i'm not buying a car now!

Buy a used car.
Old 01 September 2004, 07:12 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
Buy a used car.
think i might take my £14k and **** of travelling somewhere!
Old 01 September 2004, 07:15 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

think i might take my £14k and **** of travelling somewhere!

14k buys some superb cars. Are you 100% wanting the Skoda??

Until money becomes no object (E.g. Never) I'm never buying a new car - let the first owner go through all the hassle/devaluation.
Old 01 September 2004, 07:40 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

14k buys some superb cars. Are you 100% wanting the Skoda??

Until money becomes no object (E.g. Never) I'm never buying a new car - let the first owner go through all the hassle/devaluation.
my heart is set on it, tried looking for a 1 year old one. They are really hard to find.
Old 01 September 2004, 07:44 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

my heart is set on it, tried looking for a 1 year old one. They are really hard to find.

Fair play. Tell the current dealer to stick it and go elsewhere then man. Also, write to Skoda UK and let them know how "helpful" the dealer has been.
Old 01 September 2004, 10:09 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

I'm in the process of sorting something else, I could endup waiting longer but I'm prepared to do this If I can get some decent service. £14k is alot of money - thats could buy a very nice watch!
Old 01 September 2004, 10:27 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

In a similar situation: waited 4 months for my new RX8. Should have collected today, all of a sudden there has been a weeks delay.

Believe me, I will be crawling all over it come collection next Monday: if there's so much as a ripple then I will be returning home with my cheque. I have a keen eye for paint.

Mate used to work at a Citroen dealership: he once left a couple of new cars out on the forecourt overnight; both subsequenly got keyed. The new owners were none the wiser.
Old 01 September 2004, 10:31 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

PS Horners Skoda are advertising delivery reg VRS's at £12995
Old 01 September 2004, 10:40 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Olly
PS Horners Skoda are advertising delivery reg VRS's at £12995
Where's this been advertised? where are they based?
Old 01 September 2004, 11:01 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Maxim,

>>you should start a thread of stories! **** it i'm not buying a car now!<<

Where the human race is concerned, anything is possible. Buy new if you can and negotiate that MAXIMUM discount. That will erode much of that huge initial depreciation which 99.999% of all new cars suffer from. That helps greatly and if you plan to keep the car for several years, all that residuals and depreciation malarkey designed to part you from more of your money than is really necessary will have less or very little impact on your hard earned. However, if you have a part exchange, you will lose on both swings and roundabouts ...

If they won't deal, walk away. When I ordered my ZS last year, the dealership did a nationwide dealer search to see if a car fitting my exact spec. existed anywhere. It did not and the salesman, who I've known since the 1970s, said that I would have to wait at least two months for my car to be made. This can kill a potential sale and I got the impression he believed he'd lose the sale.... It suited me, that way I knew I'd be getting a genuine new car, not one that had been lying around in some flooded compound someplace (doesn't happen - don't you believe it) and it's been many years since I got that impatient "Must have my new car now" malarkey out of my system. Plus always buying during less favourable quiet trading periods (ie NOT when the new reg is due etc ) helps further discount wise. Indeed, taking delivery of a new car no longer excites.... no matter what it is. A new MV Agusta Motor Cycle on the other hand....

No matter WHAT car you buy, check it over VERY thoroughly the day you take delivery. Not to do so could prove costly.... human nature and all that ....
Old 01 September 2004, 11:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A mate of mine used to work at Portbury docks in Bristol, at the Fiat import centre, every UK bound Fiat goes through there, if they could repair a panel then the customer would never know, only if they had to replace a panel did the car get sold as second hand, so you could buy a brand new cars that has had filler and repairs to every panel and then repainted and you'd think you were getting a brand new car!!!
Old 01 September 2004, 11:11 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

>>you should start a thread of stories! **** it i'm not buying a car now!<<
. .
Think I might just do that....

if you have a part exchange, you will lose on both swings and roundabouts ...
. .
Luckily I don't have a part exchange, sold my car lastweek under the false impression that I'd have a car this week! And the head gasket has now gone on it too! sold it at the right time!

So now I'm driving my GF's 200bhp 1.1 Fiesta Quartz (Quzrtz, cause it has the optional extra: A clock!)

If they won't deal, walk away
Yep, done this already. First dealer gave metalic paint for nowt. Second dealer gave metalic paint/cruise control for nowt. Third dealer gave metalic/cruise/parking sensors... then I blagged some front mud flaps too!

Looks like i'm going to starting all this again!
Old 01 September 2004, 11:17 PM
Steve V8
Scooby Regular

I'll bet a part of the problem is the RS is the only model now available with the old body.
The new Octavia is out, but it is not ready for the RS engine, so they are still selling the RS in the old body style. Probably a shortage of parts as the factory will have been retooled for the new vehicle.
Old 01 September 2004, 11:22 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve V8
I'll bet a part of the problem is the RS is the only model now available with the old body.
The new Octavia is out, but it is not ready for the RS engine, so they are still selling the RS in the old body style. Probably a shortage of parts as the factory will have been retooled for the new vehicle.
they are made at different factories!
Old 02 September 2004, 10:42 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

The dealer probably promised the delivery to get the sale. I ordered my Skoda Superb back in early May - it came on the 7th July. Though at least as someone said, if it's a factory order, you know it is brand new, and not been sitting in a field somewhere for months! If it is factory built, I'd be surprised if you got it by the end of September
Old 02 September 2004, 12:07 PM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hijack but anyone know when the new shape vRS is available (pref estate)? My latest car project is finding a new motor for my inlaws and this would fit the bill methinks!
Old 02 September 2004, 01:34 PM
maxim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin Mc
The dealer probably promised the delivery to get the sale. I ordered my Skoda Superb back in early May - it came on the 7th July. Though at least as someone said, if it's a factory order, you know it is brand new, and not been sitting in a field somewhere for months! If it is factory built, I'd be surprised if you got it by the end of September
They've told me the last week in September, they've given me a little hyundi 1.3 12v. That should keep me going till it arrives.

Skoda customer services have told me that there is no way a car would be here less than 8 weeks of ordering!
Old 02 September 2004, 10:22 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

they've given me a little hyundi 1.3 12v.
Time to enter some night rallies.
Old 02 September 2004, 10:48 PM
oreA
Scooby Regular

My wife bought a new Seat Leon.

The passenger door was a different shade of blue. Still had masking tape stuck to the underside of the door!!

Dealer claimed they new nothing about it.

Dept fair trading say it's acceptable as long as the repair is 'as good as new' and as long as they can explain the circumstances that led to the repair.

Dealer couldn't explain what happened, therefore car rejected and replaced with new one. Result.

It happens, trust no-one. 2p.
Old 02 September 2004, 11:06 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Buy a used car.
Then you might get a used car which was delivered bumped, oversprayed with bent discs :P
Old 02 September 2004, 11:08 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Olly
Time to enter some night rallies.
LOL, yes take it back with no rubber, brake pads, and very little clutch life!

You could even give it a little bump and botch up the repair yourself

Quick Reply: I'm seriously not happy!!!