Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Aston Martin DB7....really loud!

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2004, 12:14 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Aston Martin DB7....really loud!

Doing 30mph on a quiet stretch of road and a DB7 pulls out of a juction some 40 yards in front then goes flat out in the opposite direction to me. My windows were down and **** was it loud...scared me a little is a bit of an understatement! ... Didn't realise they were quite scary. Puts it right up there with the 360 challenge stradale.

Still aspiring hard away
Old 15 August 2004, 12:29 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

They are only loud after they've been to the "works service" for an exhaust upgarde.

Bloody EU noise emmision regs
Old 15 August 2004, 08:30 PM
jimsG60
Scooby Newbie

A family down the road from me have a relative or something who is pretty well loaded and comes by from time to time in either a brand new fully specced 5 Series, a huge Range Rover or in a simply jaw dropping Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

I woke up one morning and looked out to see it sitting outside my bedroom window so I got up and grabbed my camera and went to look over it. After a while he came out and had a chat, got into it and gave it a quick squirt on the revs - even with the standard setup, the noise was like nothing I had ever heard - revs rise and fall REALLY fast and the noise was so loud I had to cover my ears. Enough to make little kids cry kinda noise

When he left he floored it off up the road - again, spectacular F1 style noise from that V12. Simply stunning.
Old 15 August 2004, 10:37 PM
Cider boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jimsG60
A family down the road from me have a relative or something who is pretty well loaded and comes by from time to time in either a brand new fully specced 5 Series, a huge Range Rover or in a simply jaw dropping Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

I woke up one morning and looked out to see it sitting outside my bedroom window so I got up and grabbed my camera and went to look over it. After a while he came out and had a chat, got into it and gave it a quick squirt on the revs - even with the standard setup, the noise was like nothing I had ever heard - revs rise and fall REALLY fast and the noise was so loud I had to cover my ears. Enough to make little kids cry kinda noise

When he left he floored it off up the road - again, spectacular F1 style noise from that V12. Simply stunning.
One of my neighbours (he lives in the posh end of the village, unlike me with the "boy racer" Subaru ) has a Vanquish, and the noise is indeed awsome!!! Every morning he drives past on his way to work as I'm getting up and I always stop to listen, a bit like when Concorde used to fly over every morning, you never got bored of the nosie