Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Wheel bolts AHHHHH!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2004, 06:17 PM
pudders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel bolts AHHHHH!

As a fellow scooby owner I thought I would try my luck and see if any of you guys or girls could help me. I bought a set of League 065 alloys for my project car a 1989 Ford Orion. Only problem is I think these wheels were designed for the later mark that has studs that you attach a bolt through like on a scooby. But the holes for the nuts are so small that a wheel brace will not fit inside, so allen key type nuts were supplied with the wheels, BUT I NEED BOLTS. Is there anyone that makes bolts with a very small head that uses an allen key to tighten them up. I am pullig my hair out with this one. I love the wheels and do not want to take them bak.
Old 03 April 2004, 06:31 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R
Talking

Originally Posted by pudders
As a fellow scooby owner I thought I would try my luck and see if any of you guys or girls could help me. I bought a set of League 065 alloys for my project car a 1989 Ford Orion. Only problem is I think these wheels were designed for the later mark that has studs that you attach a bolt through like on a scooby. But the holes for the nuts are so small that a wheel brace will not fit inside, so allen key type nuts were supplied with the wheels, BUT I NEED BOLTS. Is there anyone that makes bolts with a very small head that uses an allen key to tighten them up. I am pullig my hair out with this one. I love the wheels and do not want to take them bak.
slightly confused m8 bolts and studs are nearly the same thing. i think u meant nuts with allen key type heads if you did BK racing sell them. Dont know if they would be any use for you. Bolts have a thread all the way tip to head, studs are threaded on both ends, nuts attach to either of these.

hope it may of helped m8,

Aston
Old 03 April 2004, 06:35 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Yeah I had these type of wheels on my fiesta rs, had very small allen key style nuts to fit the ford studs, then used an allen key socket to tighten em & carryied a 12mm allen key in the ashtray in case of a puncture.. Think you can get the nuts from league

Hope that helps
Old 04 April 2004, 10:35 AM
pudders
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice guys. What I need are bolts with an allen key type head as my orion is of the older shape which has holes in the hub rather than studs coming out. Do these exixt at all?