Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Modded cars dont sell well??

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2004, 04:20 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have noted here and other sites .That cars that have been modded more than a simple brakepad/filter type of mod. Dont sell as well as a basic bog standard car.. And if its got a stupid body kit on it well... It a waste of time.

How many would rather buy a basic unmolsted car than a Halfords Stuck on thing????
Old 06 January 2004, 04:43 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

I'd much rather buy a standard car vs. a Halfords special, but then again I would rather buy a well modded car over a standard car.
I have an MR2 Turbo that's had the best part of £15k spent on it, and I got it for a lot less. Coil overs, engine rebuild, ECU, you name it - it's got it.
But generally, people tend not to buy certain modded cars 'cos of the 'must have been thrashed' mentality, even though it's rarely true.
There was a Saxo (I think) for sale at MUCH less than list because it had been modified heavily and looked sh*te. But I was tempted to buy it, return it to standard and sell it for list, then ebay all the parts (Recaro's, wheels, audio etc).

Matt
Old 06 January 2004, 04:53 PM
330uk
Scooby Regular

also I belive modding is personal thing. People mod to there own tastes etc.
Modded cars do sell but you never get the money back you spent on mods. People tend not to pay: (price of car) + (price of all mods)

Alot of people think spending 5k on a 10k car makes it worth 15k. Thats so not true.
Old 06 January 2004, 05:17 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Absolutely. You rarely get mod money back. Whenever I buy another mod for the car, I always say I'm doing it for me and my enjoyment, never as in investment !

Matt