Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

ITS NOT FOGGY!

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2003, 10:24 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the winter nights draw in, its with great regret that fog light brigade are out with a vengance..
There's a handful of stereotypical models of car who seem to have them permanently stuck on (even in broad daylight) - 306 Turbo Diesels, VTR's, MG Z? 1.4's....
Please tell me none of my compratriots on scoobynet stoop so low in what can only be a failed attempt to look hard/cool?
My scoobs got fog lights powered by the sun - and the ONLY time theyre ever on is (suprise suprise) when its foggy..

Keen to get the thoughts of everyone and anyone on this...

In the meantime I'll just carry on switching my full beam and foglights on when driving towards said perpatrator in a bid to dazzle and maim...

Old 14 October 2003, 10:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

lol- what goes through their mind when they get in the car? ignition....on,lights..on, fogs...on, ****?....yep!
Old 14 October 2003, 10:34 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Talking

Old Renault Lagunas seem to have a problem with their fogs as well, must be that dodgy French build quality.

I was lambasted for suggesting your solution when I suggested it over on the clio board!
Old 14 October 2003, 11:39 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

oops! yep guilty as charged. fog lights on as soon as side lights activated. but not anymore, got a £30 fixed penalty for it, and probably deserved. although a stern warning would have sufficed.
Old 14 October 2003, 11:42 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Wink

Right then, that's 1 down...another 5 million to go
Old 14 October 2003, 11:45 PM
Steve V8
Scooby Regular

Friend of mine used to have a 4.0 Jeep Wrangler with a total of ten lights on it; 4 on the front, six on a roof bar above the screen. If anyone dazzled him with main beam or fogs he used to turn on the lot. Better than daylight it was

They soon turned their fog lights off...........
Old 14 October 2003, 11:59 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Smile

Can i just raise a slight point in my defence?
I find the subaru lights on the bugeye sh!te. in wycombe at night i dont find the beam adequate sometimes, especially for country lanes etc. the fogs just widened the beam rather than projected it.
sound good?

Trending Topics

Old 15 October 2003, 12:06 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
If you were in a scoob on a empty UNLIT country lane I may let you off, simply cos the standard lights really are crap.

I upgraded the bulbs to 90/130 and the fogs make **** all difference now. Yet to get any complaints from other drivers after 3 years with them in too!

Steve V8 - I have 6 spotlights on my Landy, very handy for getting your point across

Old 15 October 2003, 12:13 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Whenever I flash my rear fog, they never EVER turn their front fogs off. Anyone else have more luck? Today I overtook a middle lane hog on his mobile with his fog lights blaring. ****.
Old 15 October 2003, 07:28 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Smile

Much though I would like to return the favour and blind these d1ckheads I can't help feeling that two blinded drivers is a little dangerous.
Last time I was back in the UK I was blinded by one of these idiots who I showed the rear fog light to. He took exception to this and proceeded to follow me for a mile or so with his FULL BEAM on. When I pulled into Clacket(?) Lane services on the M25 he followed me in. I got out of the car to talk to him. For some reason at this point he seemed to lose his bottle and started to try and reverse out of the car park. I have to admit I lost my temper and kicked the side of his car as he wet himself and drove off. The moral of the story is that these men are obviously cowardly attention seeking little ***** for the most part (with no cohones)
Old 15 October 2003, 07:58 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Young Tosser was stopped on Saturday night, he was driving Mrs Tossers Clio, that is not what he was stopped for though driving a Clio could reasonably be regarded as an offence

It was because the front fogs were on, he was let off with a warning, which I thoughht was good as the police have a reputation for hassling young drivers.

Problem was he had no idea how to switch them off ! He knows now though !
Old 15 October 2003, 08:17 AM
Arron
Scooby Regular

Abdabz,
It's terrible where I live all the boy racers have then on no matter what the road conditions even the taxi drivers are now starting it.

Even if I had them on my scoob, they would'nt be on unless it was foggy or severe weather conditions.

Arron.
Old 15 October 2003, 09:29 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Angry

Something needs to be done nationally to remind drivers that they're not supposed to use the fog lamps as substitutes for their main headlights.

Maybe a piece on one of the motorist programmes... Something needs to be done. Most of the fog lamps are blinding to other motorists, and as people have already said on here, if you try to get them to turn them off, you simply get abused, as though you're in the wrong.
Old 15 October 2003, 09:48 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Talking

I shall be purchasing an LED text scroller to fit where my centre brake light is. I will then display messages with impunity.

"Turn off your foglights you ***!"
"Stop hogging the middle lane you ***!"
"Are you blind, stupid or both?"
"Now you know what you have to save up for."

Get the idea?

Old 15 October 2003, 10:57 AM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Am I the only person that fogs dont seem to blind at all? People having them on makes no difference to my view, if anything the light the roads somewhat better?!?!
Old 15 October 2003, 11:03 AM
bobfrog1
Scooby Regular

I'm so close to buying the rally slag bonnet lamp pods so I can blind the ******* back!
Old 15 October 2003, 12:23 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Am I the only person that fogs dont seem to blind at all? People having them on makes no difference to my view, if anything the light the roads somewhat better?!?!
Agree with Chilled Budweiser in that fog lights don't really blind me at all .... and their main beam does they get the message with a flash of the PIAA's
Old 15 October 2003, 12:33 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

People having fog lights on in good visibility weather is handy as we can spot who are the ***** on the road. Without them on, who the ***** are is anyones guess

[Edited by Dracoro - 10/15/2003 12:34:18 PM]
Old 15 October 2003, 12:42 PM
amanda6192
Scooby Regular

Peaple having their fogs on doesnt bother me either. Ok they may look a bit silly but IMHO they arent causing anybody any harm.

A lot of you scoobynetters must have very sensitive eyes!!
Old 15 October 2003, 12:50 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

you forgot Subaru Impreza's, they always have the fogs on.
Old 15 October 2003, 12:55 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Odd, I saw more Imprezas recently on my return to England than I saw in a yr of driving in France. Not a single one had its fogs/PIAA's on.

However I did see quite a few Saxo VTR's, kev'd up max power cars and some low end 3 series drivers driving around with them on, announcing to the world that they were grade A w*nkers.
Old 15 October 2003, 12:57 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

all the classic STI I have ever seen have their front fog lamps on
Old 15 October 2003, 01:00 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Talking

They obviously aren't scoobynetters!
Old 15 October 2003, 01:46 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Mr Tosser,

The fact that young tosser didn't know how to turn the fog lights off in the Clio leads me to assume he did not know how to turn them on either and therefore I conclude that Mrs Tosser must drive around deliberately with her Fogs on. I suggest you take her to one side and give her a good seeing too.......

Old 15 October 2003, 01:47 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Talking

quote: "I suggest you take her to one side and give her a good seeing too......"

Then after you've taken care of business tell her to keep the fog lights off unless it's actually foggy.

Old 15 October 2003, 05:00 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

the front foglights dont realy bother me as they are generally pretty crap but

the back ones oh they really annoy me i once overtook an old tosser in a metro who had his fogs on and he blasted his horn etc so i stoped got out and told him the reason i passed you was not to get in front but ot was to save me from going blind as you are driving with your foglights and i cant see

i got the usuall reply oh i didn,t know they were on sorry he then spent ages looking for the switch
Old 15 October 2003, 09:00 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Glad it's not just me who gets hacked off with this. It really annoys me, if you're sitting in something as low as an Elise, it blinds u when some **** sits behind with his (or her!) fog lights on. I pull over, let them past then put on the main beam + driving lights had one guy a few weeks ago, I'm behind him in my van, he has his rear fogs on.He is dazzling me silly, so I flash him with main beam, no luck still leaves them on, so I overtake him(yep in the van) and guess what, the **** has the front fogs on too! after I overtook, I saw him stop and get out, walk round his car to see what was wrong. Idiot, then he got back in and drove off! still FOG LIGHTS ABLAZE!

Proby
Old 15 October 2003, 09:12 PM
Mmmmm
Scooby Regular

It's a gay thing isn't it.

I've been told that if you want to cruise for gay sex, you put your fog lights on, so other gay people know.
Old 15 October 2003, 09:23 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Lots of gay scooby owners around here then
Old 16 October 2003, 09:08 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Its pure ignorance - same as having the main beam on when its not really dark.

Fogs are there to increase your visibility to others, they dont ****ing help you see better!

Same with the lights when its morning / not that dark. It makes no odds to your visibity to have them on, just means others can see you better.

There's a guy round my way who I used to beam with PIAA's every morning - didn't work. If I see his car around... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

MB

Quick Reply: ITS NOT FOGGY!