Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

TVR info please

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2003, 02:38 PM
RoTTie2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be another " i might get one of thoose wims" but a new TVR dealer has opened up near to me and i popped in for a look.

Then i started thinking about owning one of these beasts and chop in my TT.

Would be a 2nd car only (ive only done 5k in my TT in a year.

Have been on pistonheads and had a look but am after some impartial advice.

Dont fancy a chim or griff tho. Dont know why tho.

Any comments plrase guys and girls.

Ta
Old 09 October 2003, 02:57 PM
BT52b
Scooby Regular

Got a TuscanS earlier this year.
Has run faultlessly so far, but pre-2003 speed-6 engines might be a bit more troublesome.

The noise and the power are amazing. Totally intoxicating. Unfortunately it tends to grab a lot of attention (or fortunately, if you like that sort of thing).

But it has to be said, the Exige runs rings around it on track, is far far more fun to drive, sounds better (to my ears) and is far better value.

Tuscan is good fun though.

Mark
Old 09 October 2003, 04:44 PM
topboss
Scooby Regular

I recently sold a TVR Tamora after 6 months and 4.5K miles. Overall a fantastic car ( was used a second car). Sold it due to the hassle of getting too many little niggles sorted out....spent a total of 4 weeks at the dealers getting one thing or another sorted. Very glad I owned it but wouldn't be tempted by another.

Handling on the Tamora is fantastic.....tracked it round Donington and it was unbelievable.....so composed, seemed to have endless amounts of grip (in the dry), a turn in that belies belief and on the limit handling to die for. It really was amazing and made the ownership of the car worth it for that one day alone!

If I was to advise someone on buying a TVR I would say the following:

1) Buy used....preferably 6 months old + and one with over 5K miles on the clock......this should allow you to be reasonable sure that most of the niggles and any "early engine expiration" have been sorted.

2) Be sure you really want one as there is a limited market for these.....making it hard to get rid off for a good price should you change your mind later on.

3) Get air con! Even in the Tamora (full open top)...people will tell you it's not needed as you can put the roof down etc......ignore them....you really do need it!

4) Make sure you get a good warrenty package for it and make sure it has no limits of claims (i.e paying out upto a maximum of 2K etc) 2K will not cover an engine rebuild should the worst happen!

5) After taking the plunge.....immediately proceed to book the next available trackday!

6) Enjoy!

Old 09 October 2003, 05:36 PM
RoTTie2
Scooby Newbie

Cheers all will do MAJOR research i think.