Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

K 2000............Another Crappy K series

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2003, 08:58 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mega,

Get a grip on reality pal. Firstly, K2000 has been developed by JUDD (you know, the people who have made race car engines for Honda, Williams, Nissan, Tyrel, etc.) and in it's higher state of tune will develop upwards of 260bhp in NASP form. It's lowest state will be around 170bhp. These engines are primarily for track use initially and have already featured in MG ZR's at thruxton. Here's some info lifted directly and Judd's site:

"Engine Developments’ K2000 engine made a fantastic competition debut at the weekend when it finished 9th overall and 1st in class in its first race, the 2 hour Thruxton round of the European Endurance Racing Club series.

The engine was fitted in a factory entered MG ZR driven by Mark Roberts and Don Kettleborough, and came home 3 laps in front of the class opposition. Even before the mainly Honda powered opposition ran into problems the ZR was showing them a clean pair of heels, and a higher overall position was easily on the cards had a precautionary ‘splash and dash’ fuel stop not been made 15 minutes before the end of the race.

The K2000 engine, in 220bhp form for this event, ran faultlessly throughout and impressed both drivers with its performance, in particular the amazing spread of torque and resultant excellent driveability compared to the 1,8 engines that they normally use. With a rev limit of 7000rpm, the team had to find the longest gearing they could to cope with the extra power of K2000 and the long straights at Thruxton, and a top speed of over 140mph was the result!

This is obviously a fantastic debut result for the engine, which proves that the K2000 engine is a winner. We are now manufacturing the first batch of engines for sale to customers, and we will be contacting those who have expressed an interest in the engine shortly. Please contact Stan Hall or Barry Smith for more details."

Us MGR enthusiasts can't wait to see if this engine will filter down to road cars, it looks like a cracking engine with yet another brilliant power/weight ratio.

And yes, I'd still rather take my VVC than a VTEC unit, thanks.

Simon.

[Edited by SD - 10/1/2003 9:00:10 AM]
Old 30 September 2003, 08:23 PM
Mega
Scooby Regular

Thread: K 2000......Another Crappy K series

Everybody seems to be doing handstands about MGR rather poor copy of a Honda V-Tec. Like get 220 BHP was some sort of arcivement.

10 Years ago,may be, but now you can go out and buy said engine from your Honda dealership! Yes i know Honda only claim 200 BHP, but once run its more and a swap of induction systems will give you +220 BHP.

I wonder how much bHP it will generate when its got a Cat and EEC4 Compliant? They talk of the spread of Torque.......Compaired to what? A VVC? Yes my V-Tec is like a V8 Compaired to that!

How Many head gaskets will it blow?

What was needed was a Turbo motor, but MGR might one day get round to offering us this pile of re hassed offle.

What pissers me off the most is this, MGR playing catch up all the TIME! Do they have a program foe DSG boxes or Eletro-astis power plants?

Nope, just wait till Honda or Toyota come up with the goods, than try to cobble together a lash up that might get some sales...........

Mega

Old 30 September 2003, 10:25 PM
Gompo
Scooby Regular

It's not as if Rover/MG Rover have been under different ownwership for any period over the last 10 years or anything though, is it? So they're behind a bit.. and?

Another pointless post from Mega.