BTW Nice loves it too!

She's also around for a bit tomorrow.

[Edited by Scott W - 8/2/2003 12:43:54 AM]
Old 08 February 2003, 10:20 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

"So far I've had 15 year old girls wanting a pic of the car , 10 year old boys watching me"

Now that's why you got it then you perv!!!

Luv the wrap-round interiors, reminds me of the MR2' in that respect, you really sit in it.

Glad you are enjoying the car, call me if up my way anytime, be good to meet up.

All the best

Paul

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 8/2/2003 10:22:48 AM]
Old 08 March 2003, 10:32 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers for the comments chaps!

Paul - yes, its been rather interesting Well back from AT now, another wicked time up there, great weather and plenty of totty (and munters ) I seriously can't believe the amount of attention the car gets, I'm really going to have to get used to it!!! Everyones stops and stares or points etc I've had police car drivers driving straight on looking right, cars wandering over lanes coz they are too busy looking! Cars moving out of my way to let me past when I'm only cruising at 80 then moving straight back out after I've passed them! I've had headlights flashed and waved at out of the window, girlfriends in hot hatches just staring jaws open LMAO - its mental! I really can't think of many cars about that would cause that as akshay says!! I've had great fun with beemers and porkers - they don't know whats hit them!!!
Its also superb as an auto . We got stuck in traffic on the way up and it was soooooo much easier! PLus I've been buggering around with manual mode and turning off overdrive and it rocks!!!

Paul - I'm sure I'll make it up your way at some point in the near future, so we'll endeavour to meet for a beer mate

As for the stickers - well I'm sorry (andrew ), but they are really growing on me I originally didn't like them and was going to take them off but I think they may stay now Quite an expensive option too!!!! LOL

The wheels look MUCH better in the flesh than in the pictures, and I really like them (1980s LOL!!). Everyone else has said so to thats seen the car! Also, having just bought the car, theres no way I can afford 2k plus for a new set of wheels!!!!!

Spider - couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend mate, me Iain and Jennie have had an utterly blinding time, been really good

Olly - lmao!! The also have a rattly 406 diesel!!! The other neighbours car is a Micra LMFAO!!!

Saucy

Hanslow - I paid 16k for it, its a 93 rare turbo Aerotop model, in almost showroom condition, 32k miles with over 3k's of mods already on it As for running costs - less than a scoob! The oil is cheaper for a start! But the intervals are 9k or 1 year (though again most change oil every 6 months or 3/4.5k) and the services are around 200ish a time I'm led to believe The Jap spec I have is a 70 litre fuel tank and I've done 270-280miles out of the tank all weekend. Insurance is 840 fully comp with elephant - 27, 8 years prot no claims, mods declared (only £100 more than my Uk Impreza was with Tek2.5 and full decat).

No engine pics, I'll try and remember to take some tomorrow, pretty standard engine wise (eg no air filter or dump valve) but has an HKS Super Drager and HKS Decat

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 8/3/2003 10:33:34 PM]
Old 01 August 2003, 11:34 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Talking

Woooooohoooooooooooo!

Ah man I've had a superb day! Apart from the boost gauge fitting pain in the neck but we won't go into that!

I've driven all over the place and the car stops people in their tracks to stop and stare!!!! You can here "supra" as you go past. So far I've had 15 year old girls wanting a pic of the car , 10 year old boys watching me install a boost gauge, young blokes staring, old people staring!!! Mental - everywhere you go there are heads turning!!!

Its got an HKS Super Drager with HKS decat and boy is it LOOOOOOOUUUUUUD!!! Glad its got cruise though as it helps keep your speed down, its so deceptive, you really don't feel you're going fast until you look at the speedo and your doing three figures!!!

Sideways within 5 mins too - went for the outside lane of a dual carriageway from a slip road and entered it under powerslide - no cars around though, but boy I gotta watch that back end!!!!

When that second turbo comes in is LOL!!

Some pics of her at her new home:

Old 02 August 2003, 12:12 AM
DuggE4
Scooby Regular

Gorgeous car mate!! really really like it.....Whats the performance stats of the beasty ?
Old 02 August 2003, 12:39 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers mate!

Not too sure on performance at the moment! Intend to get it on the rollers but somewhere around 350bhp would be not too wide of the mark, 0-60 in about 5.5ish I'd say and 60-100 in far too licence losing quickly LOL!
Old 02 August 2003, 12:40 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mate that car looks superb!!!! I'm glad to hear that you are having fun in it.

Enjoy it mate!

BTW I'm around for a bit tomorrow!
Old 02 August 2003, 12:48 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Scott - and Karen You two have first dibs on a spin out of you lot over there

I'm having - or had today - huge fun Massive grin city! I guess I'll also be grinning in my sleep

Would love to come over tomorrow and give you both a spin, but I'm off up to Alton Towers We'll get it sorted asap though
Old 02 August 2003, 12:52 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Cool

I keep forgetting about A/T. Oh well, make sure you stick the right pedal down hard tomorrow for the pair of us.

Enjoy the weather as well, as I think it's come purposely for you and your new motor!

I'll catch up with you on Monday no doubt!
Old 02 August 2003, 10:23 AM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Looking cool.....but IMHO the stickers need to come off and some 19" rims need to go on!
Old 02 August 2003, 10:27 AM
CC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Very nice
Old 02 August 2003, 10:52 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

v. nice

my mate has one, and everyone just stops and stares - must be one of the most head turning cars on the road - amazing presence...
Old 02 August 2003, 11:16 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Really lovely car.

But....

Please....

GET RID OF THE SUPRA GRAPHICS!!!

Just imo of course
Old 02 August 2003, 12:53 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Red face

...oh, change those 1980's wheels to some 19's...
Old 02 August 2003, 04:58 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

'Bout time too Neil - how long have you been waiting?

Sod 19s - will 20s fit?!

Looks like the weather's set fair for you too - forecast for 82 degrees over the next few days!!

Enjoy AT - see you soon.

Cheers
Steve & Mags
Old 02 August 2003, 05:16 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Andrew, I'm 99% certain Neil said he'd be removing the Supra graphic!
Old 02 August 2003, 07:16 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

Dribble dribble.

Somewhat takes the p1ss out of your neighbour's car.
Old 02 August 2003, 08:15 PM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

Bloody nice motor, but I still prefer the Mk3 Supra...curvy and bigger in body and tougher in engine build

(being biased cos I got a Mk3 7M-GTE)
Old 02 August 2003, 10:05 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Question

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? What sort of running costs do these things have? How much for insurance?

Always liked these Mail me offline if you are prepared to divulge figures (but don't want to go public ).

Looks very nice and tidy Any engine pics?
Old 03 August 2003, 10:44 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Cool

Damn, not what I wanted to hear.....means it could be affordable when the next job comes along

Time to start doing some research Thanks for the financial info. Price seems high compared to some, but to be honest, seems to reflect the condition cos it just looks sooooooo nice

Totally jealous
Old 03 August 2003, 10:50 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Yeah the price seemed a little high to me at first, but it really is in showroom condition and as I said, being a TT Aero, its pretty rare and the standard cars with almost double the mileage go for around 13k. Couple that with the cost of the mods on there, its about right!

As for not being good news - of course it is, you know you want to
Old 03 August 2003, 11:25 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Wink

I know I want to Have funds available, just between jobs at the mo and can't really turn up to the job centre in a Supra now can I?

Always loved the shape, and the cockpit is just one of the best sweeping designs I have ever seen/sat in

Do you normally drive a manual or auto? Just wondered as I have never driven an auto, but there seem to be a lot more around than manuals and wondered how they compare and pros and cons. I've been having a read around on mkivsupra.net as well so getting some good info
Old 04 August 2003, 07:22 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Cool

Feckin sexy
Chucky
Old 04 August 2003, 09:41 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers Chuck Did you go to Alton Towers yesterday? Was a little busier than the last couple of years, but still no real probs at all getting on everything! We walked in so didn't see if the 22 was in its usual place

Hanslow - LOL, yeah I guess turning up at the Job centre in one would take the pee a little!!! I've driven manuals all my life until getting the auto Supe. In all honesty I love it! I'm fed up sitting in traffic killing my clutch leg, the the auto in the Supe is superb, still allowing lots of fun when you want it, and its only slightly slower than the manual. You also have a manual shift mode on it which kind of bridges the gap. If you go somewhere like JIC in Crawley, they'll let you have a drive of both to see which you prefer! I didn't even need/want to drive the manual after going in the auto! The manual is apparantly a little notchy too, making it possible to muck the change up a little - if that was the case the speed advantage they have is nullified!!
Old 04 August 2003, 11:05 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cool

Okay - engine pic

I've also removed the rear black number plate spats!

To:

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 04/08/2003 11:07:15]
Old 04 August 2003, 11:32 AM
V5
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

car!

even better without those black monstrosities on the rear!

And the noise......
Old 04 August 2003, 12:03 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Talking

Was a great weekend wasn't it mate Hope Jennie isn't too bad from being crammed in the back!
Looks soo much better with the black bits off - theres a bit of difference in paint colour, but you really have to look to see!

Don't know what you mean about the noise
Old 04 August 2003, 12:58 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

HOwdy. Did go to the TOwers, but only stayed for 3 hours (10am till 1pm) Still managed to go on Oblivion, Nemisis, Duel, log flume and the Blackhole . . . Nicki wouldn't go on Air again as it made her feel funny last time.
Didn't call as was in a rush..had a BBQ back at me Ma's in the afternoon (and we'd left the kids there LOL)
Supra is a classic non-dating shape..and the bodykit and aero top suit yours great. We only got a scoob originally because Nicki loved the GT4 Celica's but wanted 4 doors...scoob seemed a natural choice.
Chucky
Old 04 August 2003, 01:18 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Wow...how clean is that engine

You sure they got the model year right when they sold it to you Looks like it could be about a year old

Looks like you have a gem there mate

Right....off to hunt for jobs
Old 04 August 2003, 03:27 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL - Iain (V5 above) was feeling a bit dodgy too - we still got him on Oblivion twice!!! And to think all these people who say first weekend in August is a bad time to go - they've obviously never been then, as the last 3 years we both have an its been fine! Went sat this weekend too - was a little quieter than sun..... LOL @ leaving the kids - thats cruel!!! Hopefully see you soon mate!

LOL - Hanslow - yeah, had enough trouble with the DVLA over dates so its defo 10 years old and they haven't just added the 0 by mistake! I think the engine has been cleaned though - as its got that wax all over it!

Quick Reply: Got the Supe at last!!!